THE WORCESTERSHIRE FA LIONESSES PROGRAMME
Following the successful introduction of the WFA Lionesses Programme last season we are pleased to be able to offer a new group of females the opportunity to begin their journey in grassroots football for the cost of £100
The Lionesses Programme is for females who do not currently hold any football qualifications and will cover the following courses over a 24 week period on a Monday evening, term time only.
- The FA Refereeing Mini Soccer Course.
- The FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football Course to include Introduction to First Aid in Football and Safeguarding Children Workshop.
- Various Workshops covering topics such as Goalkeeping, Managing Conflict, Managing Difference.
In addition, you will receive a WFA Referee Kit and a WFA Lionesses top and your FA DBS/CRC application via Worcestershire FA and registration for the FA Licensed Coaches Club is all included in the one off price of £ 100.00!
The whole of the programme will be held at: Perdiswell Leisure Centre, Bilford Road, Worcester WR3 8DX and the dates are as follows:
Block One: Consecutive Monday Evenings:
23.09.19 to 09.12.19 - Excluding 28.10.19 (half term) - start time 6.30pm finish 9.30pm latest.
Introduction to WFA Lionesses Programme
Mini Soccer Referee Course
Safegaurding Children Workshop
Introduction to First Aid in Football Workshop
Managing Conflict & Respect Workshop
Introduction to Coaching
In addition there will be a requirement to Referee at 2 Mini Soccer Festivals on the following dates;
Block Two: Consecutive Monday Evenings:
13.01.20 to 27.04.20 - Excluding 17.02.20 (half term) and 06.04.20 & 13.04.20 (Easter) - start time 6.30pm finish 9.30pm latest.
FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
Coaching Goalkeepers Workshop
Managing Difference Workshop
Block Three: Additional insitu support where required/requested DURING or POST programme:
Guidance following FA Mini Soccer Refereeing Couse with progression support to FA Referees Course (for officiating 9v9 & 11v11 football)
FA Coach Mentoring following FA Level 1 in Coaching Football Course and invitation to join ‘Worcestershire FA Female Networking Forum’
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO ATTEND ALL 24 SESSIONS TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAMME
If you would like further details on the programme content prior to 23rd September 2019 please contact Jodie Williams - 01905 827137 or email email@example.com
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain two separate qualifications and learners will receive a broad range of knowledge from the various workshops that will be delivered to help prepare for your coaching/referee journey.
Interested? Please enrol by entering your FA number and password below.
Terms and conditions
* Please be aware that the minimum age is 16 years due to age restrictions on some of the programme being delivered. If you are under 18 you must provide parent/guardian/carers details as permission must be given prior to course start date. There are both practical and classroom learning on some of the programme dates and it is your responsibility to advise the course centre (WFA) and/or tutor if you have an injury or medical condition that will hinder or stop you from participating in the practical elements. Participation in practical activity is not mandatory.
The practical elements will take place on a sand based Astro so appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn to include shin pads. We would encourage you to bring along drinks and snacks as we cannot guarantee you can purchase items on the evenings. You will be provided with resource packs but taking along a pen and paper is recommended.
* ALL BOOKINGS ARE NON REFUNDABLE*