Print friendly page
This is a three hour workshop for the pitch side first aider, which aims to provide the participant with:
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to attend an unconscious player
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to recognise and manage a player who is not breathing, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation
- Knowledge of sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Knowledge and practical skills to recognise and apply immediate first aid to a number of medical conditions that pose a threat to life
- Knowledge of the requirements of emergency action planning for football
- Knowledge of the FA concussion guidelines and appropriate immediate management of the concussed player
The course is open to all with an interest in improving their emergency aid skills. The qualification is
valid for a period of three years.
The course will provide the learner with the knowledge and practical skills and an introduction to first aid that will enable them to attend a conscious or unconscious player, ensuring that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s) assumes responsibility for the player.
On completion of the workshop, the learner will be able to:
- Recognise their role and responsibility as a nominated First Aider
- Identify the key components of an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Identify best practice when summoning medical assistance, in terms of when, how and knowing what information is required
- Determine whether a player is conscious or unconscious and perform the correct procedure to open the airway
- Apply the correct techniques whilst performing chest compressions, rescue breathing and automated external defibrillation to a player suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest
- Discuss appropriate actions following an incident
- Recognise the signs and symptoms, and administer appropriate immediate first aid when dealing with a range of life threatening conditions that may present in football
- Emergency Action Planning for football
- Process Overview
- Pre-Activity Preparation
- Reacting to an Incident
- Approaching the Injured Player
- Primary Survey (A-E approach)
- CPR/AED (adults and children)
- Resuscitation CPR AED Algorithm for adults and children
- Heart Conditions and sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Asthma, anaphylaxis, catastrophic bleeding and airway problems
- Head Injury and concussion - The FA Concussion guidelines
- Dispelling the myths of first aid management
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Pre and post course reading for development, inclusive of highly recommend e-learning modules to be completed ideally pre course:
THIS COURSE IS HEAVILY SUBSIDISED BY OUR FUNDING PARTNER HEART OF WORCESTERSHIRE COLLEGE. ENROLMENT IS INITIALLY OPEN ONLY TO VOLUNTEERS/COACHES WITH WORCESTERSHIRE FA AFFLIIATED CLUBS. AFTER 29th NOVEMBER 2018 REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN TO ANYONE FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTY.
|Session|| Date|| Time|| Room Number|
Introduction to First Aid in Football
Thursday 6th December 2018
| EE 2021|
PLEASE NOTE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ALL BOOKINGS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
REQUESTS TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER WORCESTERSHIRE FA COURSE WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED MORE THAN 14 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE COURSE
ONE TRANSFER ONLY IS PERMITTED PER COURSE. AFTER THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO BOOK AND PAY FOR A NEW COURSE
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: