Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: Minimum 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Member of the current FA Licensed Coaches’ Club (recommended)
- Who is it for: Aimed at coaches at all levels who want to become more knowledgeable and effective when coaching young players. There are generic strands relating to teaching and learning, motivation and self-esteem that are suitable for most coaches.
- Course aims and objectives: The course will provide practical sessions and advice for when coaching this age group, and will increase the candidate's knowledge of how to develop their coaching to incorporate The FA 4 corner model. The course will cover technical development and in the physical corner it will offer FUNdamental ideas for the coach to use as well as suggested activities for the development of football specific movements. The important Social and Psychological development of the young player is also examined.
- Leading to: FA Youth Award Module 2 - Developing the Practice
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1, 2 and 3 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- The importance of the social corner and how it links with the 4 corners.
- How players learn
- Managing Mistakes
- Managing Physical, Technical, Social and Psychological Difference
- Planning Activity
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Physical corner FUNdamental warm-ups
- Practical activities and games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
*Please note that if you are already a member of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club, no refunds will be made, however you may be able to access this offer if you go on to attend further Youth Award Modules. One free licence per coach, irrespective of how many Modules they attend.Course Information
This course is for North Wilts Youth Football League Coaches Only and is by invite only.
Any coaches who book on will not have their place confirmed until both the league and Wiltshire County FA agree the booking. Coaches who do not meet the pre requisites detailed above for the course will be removed from the course immediately.
For further information on the course please contact Tim.Hall@wiltshirefa.com
|Saturday 19th December 2015
|Sunday 20th December 2015
|Monday 21st December 2015
|Tuesday 22nd December 2015
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: