Minimum Age: 16 years old.
Course Duration: 7 hours (6 hours learning including lunch)
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
● Be accurately identified·
● Be at least 16 years of age
● Hold an FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
● Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/IFAiF
● Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop within the last three years.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wishes to better understand the role and responsibilities of a coach working with blind footballers.
This course will provide a benefit to learners on the basis that it introduces them to the organisation and delivery of safe and appropriate coaching sessions for blind players. Through the programme of training and assessment, learners will:
● Gain a greater understanding of the game in the context of the FA’s LTPD model
● Apply and extend existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of blind footballers
● Establish effective communication skills when coaching a blind footballer
● Recognise the need to deliver relevant coaching sessions to effectively meet the developmental needs of the blind footballer
● Gain an understanding of the different components of the game
● Understand the characteristics blind footballers require to perform at a performance level of the game
● Recognise the Player Pathway and competition structure available for blind footballers
Learners will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning, non participation however will not prevent successful completion of the award.
In order to successfully complete the course learners must:
● Fully attend the course of training
● Completion of any course tasks
● Practical delivery of a 15 minute coaching activity based on a ‘topic theme’, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation and relevant technical information to meet the needs of blind players.
Sunday 22nd March 2020
Start Time: 09:30
Finish Time: 16:30
Venue: Queensbury Celtic FC
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time to ensure a prompt start.
As most venues do not offer food and drink, we recommend to bring enough to see you through the day (including lunch).
Terms & Conditions
Before proceeding with your course booking please ensure that you have read and understood the West Riding County Football Association Terms and Conditions