PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE NOT BOOKING THE COURSE BY COMPLETING THIS FORM. THIS PAGE IS PURELY TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS: WE HAVE YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR SELECTION PLEASE DO NOT CREATE FURTHER APPLICATIONS
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF COURSE DATES THOUGH, ALL DAYS MUST TO BE ATTENDED.
Multiple applications will will cause additional work and slow down any selection process. Should you apply multiple times we will not get through all applications. We require just one application per person only.
THIS COURSE IS ONLY FOR COACHES RESIDENT AND COACHING IN SUSSEX. YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE RESIDENT OR COACHING OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTY.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY 2 DECEMBER 2019 AT 11 PM. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
APPLICANTS ARE LIKELY TO HEAR BY FRIDAY 20 DECEMBER 2019 WHETHER OR NOT THEIR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR E-MAIL THE OFFICE FOR AN UPDATE.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL THEN BE DIRECTED TO THE ENROLMENT PROCESS.
The full price of the course is likely to be no more than £650
This internationally recognised qualification develops the core principles of the England DNA that relate to – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player.
It will help you refine your own beliefs, values and coaching/playing philosophy while supporting you to develop your players, units and team.
We will ask you to look at the players you work with and explore how you can help develop them through designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs. We will also help you to understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
It will help you to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions you make, whilst encouraging a long-term view of player development that links to player performance.
Who is it for?
Active coaches working primarily in the 11v11 game within competition structures. Applicants must be currently coaching a team
Please note where demand is high course acceptance will be based on the following priorities:
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game
Pre-requisites for registration
FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
Must be at least 16 years of age
Be able to effectively communicate in English
Pre-requisites for certification
• In date FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (previously known as FA Emergency Aid)
• In date FA Safeguarding Certificate
• Full attendance
• Successful completion of course project
- 4 Blocks of delivery (3 days, 2 days, 2 days, 2 days)
- 9 Days of delivery (split into 18 Workshops)
- 3 in-situ visits situated between Blocks 1-2, 2-3, 3-4
- Please note that in-situ support visits must only be conducted face-to-face, in England
To be awarded the qualification you must:
- Complete the pre-course e-learning module
- Attend all four blocks of learning, inclusive of 18 face-to-face Workshops
- Complete an 18 game project based around your own players and club environment - Please note that this is reduced to a 12 game project for those that already hold the full FA Youth Award
- A 30 minute presentation of your project, which will include a Q&A session with tutors and colleagues
Delivered over the course of a season (9-12 months)
The scheduled dates for this course are below ~ IMPORTANT ~ you MUST attend all sessions on all days to be able to complete this course. There are no alternative dates available.
Mon 15 June 2020: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
BLOCK 1 : THREE DAYS
Mon 15 July 2020 : 9am - 5pm
Tue 16 July 2020 : 9am - 5pm
Wed 17 July 2020 : 9am - 5pm
BLOCK 2 : TWO DAYS
Mon 5 Oct 2020: 9am - 5pm
Mon 2 Nov 2020 : 9am - 5pm
BLOCK 3 : TWO DAYS
Mon 8 Feb 2021: 9am - 5pm
Mon 1 Mar 2021 : 9am - 5pm
BLOCK 4 : TWO DAYS
Mon 24 May 2021 : 9am - 5pm
Tue 25 May 2021 : 9am - 5pm