Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
This course has been organised in partnership with Pride Sports and the Football Association specifically for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people. The course is being delivered over an intensive 4 day period and has been designed as a resident course with accommodation and breakfast, however candidates local to venue can opt to pay a reduced rate without accommodation.
The full course schedule is below:
Friday 24th August Safeguarding Children Workshop 10.30am-1.30pm
Friday 24th August Emeregncy Aid Workshop 2.00pm-5.00pm
Saturday 25th August Induction/Practical 1 9.30am-6.30pm
Sunday 26th August Practical 2 9.30am-5.30pm
Monday 27th August Final Assessment 9.30am-5.30pm
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: