If you would like to add a video to support your application, please follow the below link.
This internationally recognised qualification develops the core principles of the England DNA that relate to – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player.
It will help you refine your own beliefs, values and coaching/playing philosophy while supporting you to develop your players, units and team.
We will ask you to look at the players you work with and explore how you can help develop them through designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs. We will also help you to understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
It will help you to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions you make, whilst encouraging a long-term view of player development that links to player performance.
Prior to registration for the qualification, you are required to:
- Hold The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football course / 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Have fully completed your FA Level 2 action plan
- Be actively coaching a team in a season-long competition in England
- Be able to effectively communicate in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Format and areas of the game: Coaches must be able to evidence that they are active coaches in one of the following areas as a priority of selection for the course;
1 - 11v11
1. Women’s game Tier 1-5
3. Men’s game Step 1-7
4. College and University teams (competition level)
5. Club Improvement Tier 1 club, where the coach will also have a mentoring/coach development role in club
2 - 9v9
2. Club Improvement Tier 1 club, where the coach will also have a mentoring/coach development role in club
3 - 7v7 (only when coaching in a RTC)
Competition structure: Coaches must operate in a competition format with 18 fixtures across the course duration or in a RTC
1 - All applicants should be endorsed by appropriate club personal confirming that the points above are met for the 19/20 and 20/21 season.
2 - Learners working in the 9v9 format of the game should also be endorsed by the CCD based on expected engagement with learning both formal and CPD related to indicate that the UEFA B is appropriate.
3 - If a coach moves club during the course programme they must resubmit club endorsement from their new club/team to the County FA/CCD for approval
Prior to certification for the qualification, you are required to:
- Hold an in date FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (or The FA Emergency Aid)
- Hold an in date completion certificate for The FA Safeguarding Workshop or the new FA Safeguarding for Coaches Workshop
- Complete both eLearning modules (Coaching Journey + Equity/Diversity)
- Attend all four blocks of learning, inclusive of 18 face-to-face Workshops
- Complete an 18 game project based around your own players and club environment - please note that this is reduced to a 12 game project for those that already hold the full FA Youth Award
- Receive a minimum of 3 in-situ visits with your team (training or match-day event) and be deemed practically competent
- Conduct a 30 minute presentation of your project to your course colleagues and staff.
Application Deadline - 9th December 2019
|Block 1||20/05/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 1||21/05/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 1||22/05/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 2||13/08/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 2||14/08/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 3||15/10/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 3||16/10/2020||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 4||25/02/2021||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|
|Block 4||26/02/2021||9am-5pm||Westfield SGP||Julie Callaghan||Brian Peck||Calum Oakenfold|