Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
This course consists of the following sessions:
|Induction / Practical
All sessions must be attended.
The course may be physically demanding. Students will be required to participate in practical sessions. Students should come prepared and be physically fit when arriving on the course.
Please note that if a student has a disability that may prevent them participating actively in the practical sessions, then this should be made known to the course organiser at the point of registration. The course organiser will then take any necessary steps to cater for the student's requirements which may include bringing in footballers to ensure there are sufficient numbers of players.
If you have any medical conditions which limit/hinder your involvement or participation in coaching activities, you are obliged to declare any relevant, current or previous injuries/illnesses. If you are diagnosed as an asthmatic, diabetic or epileptic, or have any allergies that the course staff needs to be aware of, you must advise us accordingly. Please note, a declaration of injury or illness does not automatically preclude you from any course.
You should further be aware that if you are on a regular course of medication for any condition, you must have sufficient medication to cover you throughout the course. Although first aid cover is provided (where applicable) during courses, no doctor is available to replenish regular medication, nor is there any facility to deliver medical treatment for chronic (longstanding) medical conditions.
Please provide any relevant information regarding the above Medical Information during the application process.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: