The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
Minimum Age: 16
Venue: The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 6JZ
Course Duration: 145 hours (total qualification time) / 73 hours (guided learning)
Prior to registration for the qualification, learners are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold the FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
- Live in England with regular access to a consistent team of players in order to complete their project and be able to successfully engage with the in-situ support visits.
Course aims and objectives:
This nationally recognised qualification, awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications will take the learner on a journey through the core components of the England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player, helping them to begin shaping or refining their own coaching philosophy.
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football leads to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football qualification.
In order to understand the coaching of players, coaches need to understand themselves and their players as well as the game itself. This course will support learners along this process both on-course and in their own coaching environment.
The course is underpinned by the ethos of allowing the players to feel included, empowered and to be able to make mistakes. It is about designing relevant game-like practices with plenty of decision-making that enables the players to practice in an environment that’s positive and enjoyable. This course is designed to prepare learners for employment as a football coach with the ability to put these key ideas into practice. As a FA Level 2 football coach, you will be able to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of linked and progressive football coaching sessions independently.
This course will cover key issues in coaching while putting the players and their learning at the centre of the choices that coaches make. It will help learners to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions they make while encouraging a long-term view on player development. The course will examine what effective and great practice looks like in training and competition, right the way through the player’s journey from under 7 to open age, across the various formats of the game, helping coaches to consider the age, ability, maturity and experience of the players in their care.
The course of learning is made up of 20 guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, split into three blocks of learning (Block 1 – How We Coach, Block 2 – How We Support and The Future Player, Block 3 – How We Play) supplemented by two In-situ visits.
Block 1 - How We Coach
|Saturday 15th Sept 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Sunday 16th Sept 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Saturday 22nd Sept 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Sunday 23rd Sept 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
Block 2 - How We Support and The Future Player
|Saturday 17th Nov 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Sunday 18th Nov 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Saturday 24th Nov 2018||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
Block 3 - How We Play
|Saturday 23rd Feb 2019||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Sunday 24th Feb 2019||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
|Saturday 2nd March 2019||09:15 - 17:15||Classroom Theory & Practical|
In-situ visits - Learners will receive two In-situ visits from their FA licensed tutors. The first visit will occur between Block 1 and Block 2 and the second visit will be after Block 3 has been completed.
OFA Charter Standard: £250
All other: £350
This price includes a place on the three blocks that make up this course and two In-situ visits in Oxfordshire.
If you are a Oxfordshire CS Club coach, please contact learning@OxfordshireFA.com to obtain the Promotional Code that will allow you to book your place with the CS Club discount.
Additional Price Information:
1. Individual block places - if a place is required on an Individual block i.e. a learner already holds an FA Youth Award Module or has completed Blocks 1/2 from a previous Level 2 course, a request should be made to learning@OxfordshireFA.com detailing the individual block requirement. Oxfordshire FA will determine block availability and provide a price which will be dependent on whether and where an In-Situ visit is required.
2. In-Situ visits outside of Oxfordshire - if In-Situ visits are required at a location outside of Oxfordshire a request should be made to learning@OxfordshireFA.com detailing the preferred location for the In-Situ visits as there may be an additional charge due to the extra Tutor travel.
3. Additional In-Situ visits - if a course reassessment is required there will be an additional charge of £60 per visit (assuming it is an Oxfordshire visit).
4. Missed sessions - If a learner can't attend a date of a workshop, fails to attend without notice or arrives sufficiently late for the tutor to refuse the place on the course due to the amount of content missed, it is the learners responsibility to attend & complete the appropriate workshops before the start of the next block. If the learner fails to complete the appropriate workshops by the start of the next block and wishes to transfer on to another Oxfordshire FA Level 2 course then a £100 transfer fee will be required.
If you cancel your booking:
- More than 8 (eight) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum;
- Between 8 (eight) weeks and 4 (four) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum, plus an additional sum of £50.00 for course materials;
- Less than 4 (four) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, you will not be entitled to a refund, however, we may, at our discretion, agree to refund part of the booking fee.
Prior to certification for the qualification, learners are required to:
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/IFAiF Certificate
- Hold an in-date completion certificate for the current FA Workshop Safeguarding Children in Football or the new FA Safeguarding for Coaches.
- Complete their project as outlined within the learning journal, attend all Workshops and be deemed practically competent by the course Tutor.
Equality: Oxfordshire Football Association will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. Oxfordshire Football Association will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Booking Terms and Conditions
All course bookings are subject to Oxfordshire FA's Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
In booking a course you acknowledge that:
- You are fit to participate and acknowledge that you do so at your own risk
- Oxfordshire Football Association Ltd, its staff, or any authority which provides facilities, is under no liability in respect of any injury, which you may sustain.
- Oxfordshire Football Association do not accept liability for loss or damage to your personal possessions whilst you are
attending a Course. Candidates may wish to take out insurance for any valuable possessions that they bring with them.
- You are fully aware that photographs and footage may be taken by authorised OFA staff, and give your permission for this material to be used for promotional, marketing and internet purposes.
Please ensure you visit the link below to familiarise yourself with these before booking:
Oxfordshire FA Course Booking Terms & Conditions
To book onto this course click here.
Please note to book this course, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or need a new FAN email learning@OxfordshireFA.com with your name, date of birth and address.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.