Print friendly page
What is it?
Football Futures is a volunteer programme for young people aged 14-22 years old. Its aim is to recruit, deploy and reward young people for their work within football. Any volunteering role within football fits in to the Football Futures Programme, from Coaches to referees, club secretaries to press officer, Chairperson to website designer. If you volunteer, get involved. The programme is completely free and offers members a variety of benefits
- Must be aged 14-22
- Must be volunteering within football (or work with us to find an opportunity for you)
- New Skills and Experience
- Access to coaching and refereeing bursaries
- Opportunities to work with Oxfordshire FA at events
- Chance to meet likeminded people and make new friends
- Certificate for volunteering hours milestones including: 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175 and 200 hours!
- FREE T-Shirt for 25 hours volunteering
- FREE Rain Jacket for 75 hour volunteering
Football Futures Themes
The programme has 6 themes for Young Leaders to work in:
Coaching and Working with Teams
This topic could be as simple as coaching a team at your local club, school or college. It can be anything from assisting with sessions, leading a group, running a holiday session or match day situations.
Promoting the Game
Using social media to promote events and activities, updating and maintaining a website for a club, being the club photographer, or writing a match report.
Refereeing games with a club, school or college on a voluntary basis. The refereeing can cover any type of football including small sided, intra school football, 11v11, or futsal.
Ensuring that all players have signed up to the Respect Codes of Conduct, putting up Respect barriers for matches, and ensure that all examples of good behaviour are promoted.
Being involved with leading an event(s), whether leading the event, or assisting with the organisation. This could be anything from an intra-school tournament to regional and national events.
Running and Developing the Game
Assisting the running of a Charter Standard Club or League, or an intra-school league. This could be anything from a committee role, to assisting with fixtures, taking minutes, or helping to increasing participation within a club or league.
Football Futures offers some great opportunities to get involved at County and National level. These opportunities can be great as work experience and can add to your CV or University application.
- Get involved with OFA Events
- OFA Football Futures Camp
- Chance to apply for OFA Youth Council
- Application process for National Football Futures Camp at St Georges Park
- Chance to apply for National Game Youth Council
- Chance to apply for Changing Lives International Trip
- Chance to apply for National Coaching Scholarship and Mentoring Programme
- Volunteering opportunities at National Events
- Chance to become Football Futures National Ambassador
To become a member of the Oxfordshire FA Football Futures Programme please sign up below, or to find out more, please contact James Shiplee at James.Shiplee@OxfordshireFA.Com or on 01993 894403.
Click here to invite/tell other people about this event
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: