FA Emergency First Aid
The Oxford Academy
Sandy Lane West
Learners must attend all of the scheduled times to complete the course:
|Main Tutoring||The Oxford Academy||Thurs 27th Feb 2020||19.00||22.00|
If a learner can't attend all of the course, fails to attend without notice or arrives sufficiently late for the tutor to refuse the place on the course due to the amount of content missed, then there will be no refund of any of your payment or consideration of a partial refund.
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: 3 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: A short course over 3 hours to train club representatives in resuscitation and life-saving skills.
- Course aims and objectives:
- 1. To preserve life
- 2. Limit the effect of injury
- 3. Promote recovery
Course Content: This course will cover the following subjects:
- Incident Management
- Assessing the casualty
- Recovery position
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
Practical Involvement: The course contains content of a practical and functional nature, given this participants should be in good general health. Students should appreciate that the course contains practical components where they will work with other course members.
1. Attendance on the course
2. Practical participation/demonstration of various components of the course content.
Refresher: First Aid qualifications have a 3 year validity, this qualification must be renewed every 3 years.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in First Aid for Sport
- FA Basic First Aid for Sport
Equality: The Oxfordshire FA will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. The Oxfordshire FA will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Booking Terms and Conditions
All course bookings are subject to Oxfordshire FA's Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
In booking a course you acknowledge that:
- You are fit to participate and acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
- Oxfordshire Football Association Ltd, its staff, or any authority which provides facilities, is under no liability in respect of any injury, which you may sustain.
- Oxfordshire Football Association do not accept liability for loss or damage to your personal possessions whilst you are attending a Course. Candidates may wish to take out insurance for any valuable possessions that they bring with them.
- You are fully aware that photographs and footage may be taken by authorised OFA staff, and give your permission for this material to be used for promotional, marketing and internet purposes.
Please ensure you visit the link below to familiarise yourself with all the Course Booking Terms and Conditions before making your booking:
Oxfordshire FA Course Booking Terms & Conditions