The aim of this course is to develop more female coaches across grassroots football in Oxfordshire.
Funding has been made available to offer places on this course at the discounted price of £100.
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
Minimum Age: 16
Venue: The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 6JZ
Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course cost: £100 for members of clubs affiliated to Oxfordshire FA.
This price includes a place on the seven guided learning, face-to-face Level 1 workshops, the Safeguarding Children Workshop and the Emergency First Aid sessions that are detailed below and which make up this course.
Prior to registration for the qualification, learners must be at least 16 years of age.
Course aims and objectives:
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
- The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
- The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
- A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
The course of learning is made up of seven guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via five e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
Course Dates: Please note you will need to attend all of the below sessions to achieve the level one qualification, the only exception being the Safeguarding Children Workshop and the Emergency First Aid session. These can only be missed if you currently hold a valid FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate and/or a FA Emergency Aid/FA IFAiF certificate.
|Sat 6th July 2019||09:15||17:15||Level 1 - Workshops 1+2|
|Tues 9th July 2019||19:00||21:00||Safeguarding Children Workshop|
|Sat 13th July 2019||09:15||17:15||Level 1 - Workshops 3+4|
|Sun 21st July 2019||09:15||17:15||Level 1 - Workshops 5+6|
|Sun 28th July 2019||09:15||12:15||Emergency First Aid|
|Sun 28th July 2019||13:15||17:15||Level 1 - Workshop 7|
Missed Course Dates:
When booking on to the course the learner is committed to attending all 7 of the Level 1 workshops that are detailed above.
If a learner subsequently can't attend any workshop, fails to attend without notice or arrives sufficiently late for the tutor to refuse the place on the course due to the amount of content missed then their place on the course will be cancelled and the cancellation policy below will apply.
If you cancel your booking and your place on the course is taken by another learner then a full refund will be issued minus a £10 admin fee.
If you cancel your booking and your place on the course isn't taken by another learner then the following refund policy will apply:
- If more than 8 (eight) weeks notice is given prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum;
- If between 8 (eight) weeks and 4 (four) weeks notice is given prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum, plus an additional sum of £25 for course materials;
- If the notice is given less than 4 (four) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, you will not be entitled to a refund, however, we may, at our discretion, agree to refund part of the booking fee.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Hold, as a minimum, a current FA Emergency Aid/FA IFAiF certificate.
- Attend the two hour FA Safeguarding for Coaches Workshop and complete the one hour Safeguarding Children online learning module which sit together as part of the Level 1 course or hold the three hour Safeguarding Children Workshop and it has been less than three years since attendance.
- Complete all tasks within the learning journal, complete all eLearning modules, attend all 7 Level 1 Workshops and be deemed practically competent by the course Tutor.
Equality: The Oxfordshire Football Association will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. The Oxfordshire Football Association will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Booking Terms and Conditions
All course bookings are subject to Oxfordshire FA's Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
In booking a course you acknowledge that:
- You are fit to participate and acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
- Oxfordshire Football Association Ltd, its staff, or any authority which provides facilities, is under no liability in respect of any injury, which you may sustain.
- Oxfordshire Football Association do not accept liability for loss or damage to your personal possessions whilst you are attending a Course. Candidates may wish to take out insurance for any valuable possessions that they bring with them.
- You are fully aware that photographs and footage may be taken by authorised OFA staff, and give your permission for this material to be used for promotional, marketing and internet purposes.
Please ensure you visit the link below to familiarise yourself with all the Course Booking Terms and Conditions before making your booking
Oxfordshire FA Course Booking Terms & Conditions
Please note this is an expression of interest ONLY and submitting your interest doesn't guarantee a place on the course.
The Oxfordshire Football Association will confirm within 2 weeks whether a place will be offered and if successful, full payment must be received within 7 days of the offer being made.