Course: FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 face-to-face Workshops (21 hours)
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/IFAiF
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop within the last three years
Who is it for: This course is great for those looking to gain knowledge and skills relating to designing shorts practices for goalkeepers, linking together a series of practices to create a safe, fun and engaging goalkeeper coaching session.
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with goalkeepers of all ages.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it is played and how they can coach to better support the development of future goalkeepers. The course is designed to prepare learners to coach goalkeepers at the grassroots level.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this course, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions for goalkeepers. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this course will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
- The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their goalkeepers as a whole person
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their goalkeepers
- Practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their goalkeepers develop
- Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own goalkeepers
Assessment: Learners will be observed coaching on course and asked to complete a series of tasks related to their own context.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Venue: The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 6JZ
Course cost: £150
This price includes a place on the 6 face-to-face Workshops that are detailed below and which make up this course.
Course Dates: Please note you will need to attend all of the below sessions to meet one of the certification pre-requisites
|Sun 26th May 2019||09:15||17:15||Coaching Theory & Practical, Workshops 1+2|
|Sun 2nd June 2019||09:15||17:15||Coaching Theory & Practical, Workshops 3+4|
|Sun 9th June 2019||09:15||17:15||Coaching Theory & Practical, Workshops 5+6|
Missed Course Dates:
If a learner can't attend any of the workshops, fails to attend without notice or arrives sufficiently late for the tutor to refuse the place on the course due to the amount of content missed, then the learner will need to attend the missed workshop on another course.
Note, due to the infrequency of the course within Oxfordshire FA, it will be the learners responsibility to arrange their attendance on the missing workshop with another County FA.
If you cancel your booking and your place on the course is taken by another learner then a full refund will be issued minus a £10 admin fee.
If you cancel your booking and your place on the course isn't taken by another learner then the following refund policy will apply:
- If more than 8 (eight) weeks notice is given prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum;
- If between 8 (eight) weeks and 4 (four) weeks notice is given prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, we will refund your booking fee less 33% of the sum, plus an additional sum of £25 for course materials;
- If the notice is given less than 4 (four) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the Course, you will not be entitled to a refund, however, we may, at our discretion, agree to refund part of the booking fee.
- Full attendance on the course (missing workshops need to be attended within 12 months of the original course) and be deemed practically competent by the course Tutor
- Hold as a minimum, a current FA Emergency Aid/FA IFAiF certificate.
- Hold a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop qualification.
- Complete all tasks/project within the Learning Journal and relevant eLearning modules.
Booking Terms and Conditions
All course bookings are subject to Oxfordshire FA's Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
In booking a course you acknowledge that:
- You are fit to participate and acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
- Oxfordshire Football Association Ltd, its staff, or any authority which provides facilities, is under no liability in respect of any injury, which you may sustain.
- Oxfordshire Football Association do not accept liability for loss or damage to your personal possessions whilst you are attending a Course. Candidates may wish to take out insurance for any valuable possessions that they bring with them.
- You are fully aware that photographs and footage may be taken by authorised OFA staff, and give your permission for this material to be used for promotional, marketing and internet purposes.
Please ensure you visit the link below to familiarise yourself with all the Course Booking Terms and Conditions before making your booking
Oxfordshire FA Course Booking Terms & Conditions