Learners must attend all of the scheduled dates to complete the course
| Coaching Theory & Practical||Sonning Common PS||Sat 04 March 17||09:00||17:00|
| Coaching Theory & Practical||Sonning Common PS||Sun 05 March 17||09:00||12:30|
| Emergency Aid||Sonning Common PS||Sun 05 March 17||13:30||16:30|
| Safeguarding Children Workshop||Sonning Common PS||Tues 07 March||19:00||21:00|
| Coaching Theory & Practical||Sonning Common PS||Sat 11 March 17||09:00||17:00|
| Coaching Theory & Practical||Sonning Common PS||Sun 12 March 17||09:00||17:00|
With the support of The FA, Sport England and our College funding partner, Abingdon and Witney College, this course has the following subsidised prices of:
- OFA Charter Standard Club - £110
- Full Price - £150
Please note that to support our membership OFA Club Charter Standard Prices are only available to members of clubs affiliated to Oxfordshire FA. Members of other County Associations or coaches without a club affiliation are only eligible for Non OFA Club prices.
Learners found to be booking under the wrong price category will have their place witheld until full payment has been made. If you are unsure which category to book under please contact Learning@OxfordshireFA.com
To support the development of young players within the county, teachers working in schools located within the district authority areas of Cherwell, Oxford, South and West Oxfordshire are eligible to access course at the 'OFA Charter Standard Club' price
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course Pre-requisites to certification:
Prior to certification for the qualification, learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate*
- hold a current completion certificate for The FA Workshop Safeguarding Children in Football* (Alternative arrangements are available for learners under the age of 18 years of age).
*both of these courses are modules within The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football course Course aims and objectives:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
Equality: FA Education will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Equality & Diversity Monitoring
Oxfordshire FA are required to compile anonymous information on those individuals accessing its services and activities. Monitoring allows us to understand the makeup of those accessing our programmes and meet the needs of individuals if activities need adapting.
When booking, learners are encouraged to respond to these questions about themselves, however, participation is entirely optional and you are not obliged to self declare your characteristics. The information we receive is only used for monitoring and statistical purposes and will remain anonymous.The Equality and Diversity Monitoring form can be downloaded here
FREE FA Licensed Coaches Club Membership
On successful completion of this course, and evidence through your FAN that you have completed an FA Criminal Records Check, you will be eligible for free FA Licensed Coaches Club membership.
The benefits of FALCC membership include:
For further information, please click here
- Discounts on FA Education courses
- Access to The FA Licensed Coaches' Club website which includes over 70 Coaching Masterclass practical sessions and interviews
- Access to free local accredited CPD training events
- Discount on the LMA online courses
- Opportunity to purchase Personal accident and civil liability insurance
- Free ballot to win two tickets for England home matches
- £5 off (per person) on a Wembley Stadium Tour
- 30% discount on accommodation at Hilton at St. George's Park
- 20% off Perform at St George's Park facility hire
- Free access to the Boot Room Magazine digital subscription
Booking Terms and Conditions
All course bookings are subject to Oxfordshire FA's Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
In booking a course you acknowledge that:
- You are fit to participate and acknowledge that you do so at your own risk
- Oxfordshire Football Association Ltd, its staff, or any authority which provides facilities, is under no liability in respect of any injury, which you may sustain
- You are fully aware that photographs and footage may be taken by authorised OFA staff, and give your permission for this material to be used for promotional, marketing and internet purposes.
Please ensure you visit the link below to familiarise yourself with these before booking:
Oxfordshire FA Course Booking Terms & Conditions
Oxfordshire FA are are an Ofqual/SQA recognised centre and as such are accredited and approved by 1st4Sport to deliver this qualification.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details. Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.