Nottinghamshire FA UEFA B in Coaching Football - Application Page
This page is for coaches to apply to take part in the UEFA B course with Nottinghamshire FA for the 2018/19 season. The deadline to send in applications is Friday 25th May 2018, from this all applications will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified by July 2018.
Please note: This page is simply to apply for a place on the UEFA B course - Dates, costs and venues of the course will be sent to all successful applicants.
What is the UEFA B Course?
This internationally recognised qualification develops the core principles of the England DNA that relate to – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player.
It will help you refine your own beliefs, values and coaching/playing philosophy while supporting you to develop your players, units and team.
It will ask you to look at the players you work with and explore how you can help develop them through designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs. It will also help you to understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
It will help you to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions you make, whilst encouraging a long-term view of player development that links to player performance.
What is the format of the UEFA B Course?
- 4 Blocks of delivery (3 days, 2 days, 2 days, 2 days) - these will take place from September 2018 - June 2019
- 9 Days of delivery (split into 18 Workshops)
- 3 in-situ visits situated between Blocks 1-2, 2-3, 3-4
- Please note that in-situ support visits must only be conducted face-to-face, in England
To be awarded the qualification you must:
- Complete the pre-course e-learning module
- Attend all four blocks of learning, inclusive of 18 face-to-face Workshops
- Complete an 18 game project based around your own players and club environment - Please note that this is reduced to a 12 game project for those that already hold the full FA Youth Award
- A 30 minute presentation of your project, which will include a Q&A session with tutors and colleagues
Who is the UEFA B Course for?
This course is for active coaches working in the 11v11, 9v9 or 7v7 game within competition structures. Last year saw 125+ coaches apply for a place on this course! Due to the high demand, acceptance will be based on the following priorities:
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game
- Working in the youth 9v9 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the youth 9v9 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the youth 9v9 game
- Working in the youth 7v7 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the youth 7v7 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the youth 7v7 game
What are the pre-requisites for the UEFA B Course?
As a minimum, you must have the following to apply for a place on the course:
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Be able to effectively communicate in English
- You must be actively coaching within a Nottinghamshire club
The application deadline is Friday 25th May 2018, you will be contacted by Friday 22nd June 2018.