- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 34 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of pre-course activity packNone
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a side or 9 v 9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The Referees Course provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 6 clear units with the following elements:
Unit 1 - Registration and Pre Course Activity
Unit 2-4 - Practical Delivery and Evaluation of Performance:
- The Key skills required to be a football referee
- Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
- Practical work covering implementation of the laws
- The art of Positioning and movement
- Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
- Effective reporting misconduct
- Evaluation of performance and Assessment Of Knowledge
Unit 5 - Officiating 5 games of 11v11 or 9v9 gamesAssessment of Experiences:
- Reviewing and receiving Feedback
Unit 6 - Final assessment/theory examination:
- Examination of knowledge of Laws Of The Game
- Plan for what happens next
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 4 Units of learning. Unit 5 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Unit 6, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A CRC check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are required to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in Unit 6.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
The FA Referee Course
For this course, Nottinghamshire FA are only accepting candidates aged 16 and over.
Venue: Joseph Whitaker College, Warsop Lane, Rainworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 OAG
Course Costs: £150
|Thursday||31/05/2018||18:30-20:30||Session 1 - Intro Evening|
|Thursday||07/06/2018||18:30-21:30||Law 12 Evening|
|Sunday||10/06/2018||18:30-21:30||Session 3 and Exam|
|Thursday||04/10/2018||18:30-21:30||Call Back |
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know you FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
All elements of the course are mandatory and candidates must attend to obtain their referee certificate and classification. Match appointments will be distributed to candidates on the first full day of the course.
Nottinghamshire FA terms and conditions
1. An application for any course can be made by completing a paper application, and paying via cheque, cash or postal order, however an additional £10.00 fee will be charged to cover the cost of the extra administration process.
2. Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
3. The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
4. If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
5. You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
6. All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
7. When registering or booking courses, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we discover you have provided us with inaccurate information.
8. Nottinghamshire FA must receive 8 weeks’ notice if you require adaptation to the facilities, resources or other aspects of the course to cater for your disability(ies). Nottinghamshire FA will do our upmost to meet your needs but you may be required to attend an alternative course if requirements take longer than anticipated. You must inform Nottinghamshire FA of your disability(ies) and the adaptations prior to booking onto the course.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy
9. Should you cancel your registration you will receive a 50% refund, minus the banks charge, and £5.00 for administration, this is unless you cancel within 20 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
10. Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque
11. Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly. Consideration will be given, on a case by case basis, for refunds to be granted in exceptional circumstances (i.e. medical reasons – a doctors certificate must be provided)
12. Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued or a free transfer onto another Nottinghamshire FA course only.
13. Should you wish your application to be transferred from one course to another then then £5.00 administration fee will be charged for all courses and workshops. If you would like to transfer within 30 working days of the course, you will have to cancel and rebook onto the alternative course.
14. Nottinghamshire FA do not accept course transfers from other County FA’s.
15. No bookings will be taken or spaces reserved. You are not guaranteed a place until your booking has been fully completed and full payment has been received.
16. Nottinghamshire FA must be informed at least 6 weeks prior to the course if resource adaptations are required (I.e. bigger font)
17. You are obliged to declare, in writing, any relevant, current or previous, injury or illness that may limit or hinder your participation in the Course. We must also be advised, in writing, if you have ever been diagnosed as asthmatic, diabetic or epileptic, or suffer from any allergies that the staff running the Course may need to be aware of. Please note that a declaration of any injury or illness does not automatically preclude you from any Course. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org