Course: FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers
Minimum Age: 16 Years
Course Duration: 6 face-to-face Workshops (21 hours)
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, learners are required to:
• Be at least 16 years of age
• Hold FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers
• Hold FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
• Hold FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
• Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/IFAiF
• Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop within the last three years
Who is it for: This course is great for those looking to gain further knowledge, understanding and skills relating to designing linked and progressive sessions for goalkeepers, building upon their learning and experiences as a qualified level 2 football coach.
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers provides learners with further in depth content, building on the introduction gained through the Level 1 Coaching Goalkeeping and outfield coaching qualifications at both level 1 and 2.
Learners will gain further insight into the game in England, how it is played and how they can coach to better support the development of future goalkeepers in grassroots. The course is designed to prepare learners to coach goalkeepers at the grassroots level. Learners will also better understand the value of duo coaching, introducing them to linking goalkeepers to units within the team.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this course, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions for goalkeepers. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this course will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
• The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their goalkeepers as a whole person
• The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their goalkeepers
• A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their goalkeepers develop
• Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own goalkeepers
Learners will be observed coaching on course and asked to complete a series of tasks related to their own context, building a project and portfolio of evidence around their own environment and coaching practice.
FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers
Forest Sports Zone, Forest Recreation Ground, Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 6LD
Saturday 4th August 2018, 09:00-17:00
Saturday 11th August 2018, 09:00-17:00
Saturday 18th August 2018 2018, 09:00-17:00
Full Price - £200
Charter Standard Price - £180
*Before booking onto this course, please ensure you meet the pre-requisites required*
By booking onto this course you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined below:
Nottinghamshire FA terms and conditions:
- Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
- The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
- If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
- You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
- All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- When registering or booking courses, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we discover you have provided us with inaccurate information.
- Nottinghamshire FA must receive 8 weeks’ notice if you require adaptation to the facilities, resources or other aspects of the course to cater for your disability(ies). Nottinghamshire FA will do our upmost to meet your needs but you may be required to attend an alternative course if requirements take longer than anticipated. You must inform Nottinghamshire FA of your disability(ies) and the adaptations prior to booking onto the course.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy:
- Should you cancel your registration you will receive a 50% refund, minus the banks charge, and £5.00 for administration, this is unless you cancel within 20 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
- Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque
- Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly. Consideration will be given, on a case by case basis, for refunds to be granted in exceptional circumstances (i.e. medical reasons – a doctors certificate must be provided)
- Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued or a free transfer onto another Nottinghamshire FA course only.
- Should you wish your application to be transferred from one course to another then then £5.00 administration fee will be charged for all courses and workshops. If you would like to transfer within 30 working days of the course, you will have to cancel and rebook onto the alternative course.
- Nottinghamshire FA do not accept course transfers from other County FA’s.
- No bookings will be taken or spaces reserved. You are not guaranteed a place until your booking has been fully completed and full payment has been received.
- Nottinghamshire FA must be informed at least 6 weeks prior to the course if resource adaptations are required (I.e. bigger font)
You are obliged to declare, in writing, any relevant, current or previous, injury or illness that may limit or hinder your participation in the Course. We must also be advised, in writing, if you have ever been diagnosed as asthmatic, diabetic or epileptic, or suffer from any allergies that the staff running the Course may need to be aware of. Please note that a declaration of any injury or illness does not automatically preclude you from any Course. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org