Autism Awareness Workshop
Date: Monday 15th January
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Venue: Nottinghamshire FA, Chetwynd Business Park, Unit 6b, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 6RZ
The workshop will be delivered by Autism East Midlands to help coaches with the knowledge and understanding of how to deliver inclusive football sessions. The workshop will focus on the following key themes:
- Diagnosis and prevalence
- Identifying individuals strengths and abilities
- Communication and information processing
- Recognising and supporting sensory issues
- Understanding anxiety and intensity focus
The main outcomes of the evening are to make people feel and become more confident when working with people autism within their teams and provide strategies and knowledge of autism friendly adjustments to ensure that autistic people are not limited by the people and the environment around them.
The workshop is suitable for anybody linked to a grass roots club or delivering football in the community.
For more information please contact:
Sara Dickinson (Disability FDO)
0115 9837 412
Nottinghamshire FA terms and conditions:
- Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion.
- The Nottinghamshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury caused during courses.
- If you are suspended “sine die” from football (by any County FA) then you are suspended from all football activity, including courses.
- You will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view, and you will understand that if your behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason; The Nottinghamshire FA, and the venues, reserves the right to exclude you from continuing on your chosen course and if necessary, future courses, and no refund will be given.
- All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- When registering or booking courses, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we discover you have provided us with inaccurate information.
- Nottinghamshire FA must receive 8 weeks’ notice if you require adaptation to the facilities, resources or other aspects of the course to cater for your disability(ies). Nottinghamshire FA will do our upmost to meet your needs but you may be required to attend an alternative course if requirements take longer than anticipated. You must inform Nottinghamshire FA of your disability(ies) and the adaptations prior to booking onto the course.
Nottinghamshire FA Refund Policy:
- Should you cancel your registration you will receive a 50% refund, minus the banks charge, and £5.00 for administration, this is unless you cancel within 20 working days (or less) prior to the course start date where no refund will be issued.
- Should you cancel your registration and request a refund the Nottinghamshire FA reserves the right with regard to the method of payment by bank transfer or cheque
- Should you miss any session(s) of any course you sign up to The Nottinghamshire FA reserve the right to remove you from the course, and no refund will be given. However in exceptional circumstances candidates may be offered the opportunity to attend missed session(s) on other courses should availability allow, and The Nottinghamshire FA will charge you extra accordingly. Consideration will be given, on a case by case basis, for refunds to be granted in exceptional circumstances (i.e. medical reasons – a doctors certificate must be provided)
- Should a course that you have registered on be cancelled or postponed by the Nottinghamshire FA then a full refund will be issued or a free transfer onto another Nottinghamshire FA course only.
- Should you wish your application to be transferred from one course to another then then £5.00 administration fee will be charged for all courses and workshops. If you would like to transfer within 30 working days of the course, you will have to cancel and rebook onto the alternative course.
- Nottinghamshire FA do not accept course transfers from other County FA’s.
- No bookings will be taken or spaces reserved. You are not guaranteed a place until your booking has been fully completed and full payment has been received.
- Nottinghamshire FA must be informed at least 6 weeks prior to the course if resource adaptations are required (I.e. bigger font)