Tresham College, Windmill Avenue, Kettering, Northants. NN15 6ER
|Level 1||Theory and Practical||Saturday 19th May||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Level 1||Theory and Practical||Sunday 20th May||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Level 1||Theory and Practical||Saturday 2nd June||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Level 1||Theory and Practical||Sunday 3rd june||9.00am - 5.00pm|
Candidates must attend all Theory and Practical sessions
* All dates are subject to change. Should this occur, all candidates will be informed via email.
Courses are not transferable or refundable if your booking is cancelled within 2 weeks of the start date
Please note: Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children courses are not included in this Level 1, these courses need to be booked separately.
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course Pre-requisites to certification: be at least 16 years of age.
Prior to certification for the qualification (i.e. receiving the award), learners are required to:
• hold as a minimum, a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
• hold a current FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
The above qualifications may be obtained before or after attending the Level 1, however the Level 1 qualification will not be awarded until the Emergency Aid and Safeguarding have been completed.
Complete the six e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS).
- Respect For Coaches
- Equality & Diversity
- Introduction to Coaching
- Long Term Player Development
- Plan, Do, Review.
Course aims and objectives:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The course of learning is made up of seven guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via six e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
All on line modules must be completed in order to gain the award
Northamptonshire FA Terms and Conditions:
* Northamptonshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion
* I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason, the Northamptonshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
* The Northamptonshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover.
* If you are on General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared
* Course costs include all VAT
* Courses are not transferable or refundable
Equality: The FA ensures that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. The FA seeks to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool to retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
* I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
*By booking this course you agree with all of the above terms and conditions.