- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
This course is open to ALL candidates.
BSL signer will be in attendance as we have some bursaries available for Deaf / Hearing impaired candidates for more information contact -
Induction / Intro to Course
Thursday 3 March
Tuesday 8 March
18:30 - 20:30
18:30 - 21:30
Thursday 10 March
18:30 - 21:30
Practical & Theory
Sat & Sun 19, 20 March
09:00 - 17:00
Sunday 26 March
09:00 - 17:00
* Candidates must be available to attend all dates
* All dates are subject to change. Should this occur, all candidates will be informed via email.
Northamptonshire FA Terms and Conditions:
* Northamptonshire FA reserves the right to increase or decrease the course fee at its discretion
* I am fully aware that my chosen course may be one which includes the FA Child Protection three hour Workshop, which discusses some sensitive 'hypothetical' issues and some real issues regarding child abuse in its various forms
* I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed 'unacceptable', 'offensive' or 'harmful' for any reason, the Northamptonshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
* The Northamptonshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover.
* I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
* If you are on General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared
* Course costs include all VAT
* Courses are not transferable or refundable
The deadline for registration has passed