Minimum Age: 16 years
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course Prerequisites: Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and experience of coaching players
Who is it for: Coaches providing support to other Football Coaches in a mentoring capacity.
Course aims and objectives: The course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of the Mentor, to develop the interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool. It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment.
Course Content: The course will address the following:
- Understanding the role of the Mentor and principles of effective mentoring
- Understanding and appreciating the required interpersonal skills of the Mentor
- Exploring strategies for mentoring
- Demonstrating the ability to use core mentoring interpersonal skills, observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning and reflection.
- Understanding mentoring assessment, feedback, and goal setting processes
- Considering the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Exploring CPD and reflective Action Planning opportunities for Mentors to consider their future development
Assessment: There is no formal assessment; the progress of learners is monitored through the group activities and discussion.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.PLACES ON THIS COURSE ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN NOMINATED BY MEMBERS OF A MIDDLESEX FA AFFILIATED CHARTER STANDARD CLUB.
The £10.00 fee is a deposit and will be refunded once the coach has completed the course.
| Tuesday 1st July
|| 10.00am - 5.00pm
Middlesex County FA Terms & Conditions, 'Our Commitment to You' & Customer Service Charter policy
Click Here to view the Terms & Conditions and Our Commitment to You policy of Middlesex County FA. These documents can be downloaded from the bottom of the link provided. You can view our Customer Service Charter by Clicking Here.
The deadline for registration has passed