- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 9 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating mini soccer football up to but not including 9v9
- Course aims and objectives: The MSR course provides participants with an insight into the ethos of mini soccer, the laws of the game and their role in helping young people enjoy and learn about the game.
- Leading to: Mini Soccer Referee Status (MSR)
The course consists of 3 modules with the following elements:
- Understanding your role in mini soccer – this offers an introduction to the course, considers the ethos of mini soccer and highlights the roles and responsibilities of the referee.
- Developing your role – this is a practical element of the course looking at health and safety issues, applying law and demonstrating referee techniques and skills.
- The Realities of your role – in this session we cover the practicalities of managing the game and players and controlling different game situations
- Your role as an educator – this session looks at the role of the referee as an educator and offers trainees an opportunity to develop an action plan.
- Officiating 3 games of mini soccer
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A DBS check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in module 3.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Basic Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
If you suffer from a condition that you believe may affect your involvement on a course on either the practical or theoretical elements, please notify us immediately of any support you may require and we will make every effort to ensure that you are supported throughout the course of delivery and given every opportunity to successfully attain the relevant course award.
Please note - All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Candidates registering for this course who do not meet the English understanding criteria or have not declared a physical disability for which support may be required may be asked to leave the course without refund. In accepting the terms & conditions of the course you are confirming that you have understood the above.
Venue - Bedfont Sports Club, Hatton Road, Bedfont, Middlesex, TW14 9QT.
Theory & Practical
Monday 18th February
9.00am - 5.00pm
|Review & Assessment|
Wednesday 24th April
|7.00pm - 9.00pm|
Candidates must attend all of the advertised dates & times in the course schedule. Failure to do so will result in non-qualification.
|Price||Amount||Who can apply at this price?|
|Full Price||£75.00||Any individual over the age of 14.|
Middlesex FA Terms & Conditions, 'Our Commitment to You' & Customer Service Charter policy
Click Here to view the Terms & Conditions and Our Commitment to You policy of Middlesex FA. These documents can be downloaded from the bottom of the link provided.