- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 34 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of pre-course activity packNone
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a side or 9 v 9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The Referees Course provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 6 clear units with the following elements:
Unit 1 - Registration and Pre Course Activity
Unit 2-4 - Practical Delivery and Evaluation of Performance:
- The Key skills required to be a football referee
- Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
- Practical work covering implementation of the laws
- The art of Positioning and movement
- Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
- Effective reporting misconduct
- Evaluation of performance and Assessment Of Knowledge
Unit 5 - Officiating 5 games of 11v11 or 9v9 gamesAssessment of Experiences:
- Reviewing and receiving Feedback
Unit 6 - Final assessment/theory examination:
- Examination of knowledge of Laws Of The Game
- Plan for what happens next
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 4 Units of learning. Unit 5 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Unit 6, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A CRC check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are required to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in Unit 6.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
If you suffer from a condition that you believe may affect your involvement on a course on either the practical or theoretical elements, please notify us immediately of any support you may require and we will make every effort to ensure that you are supported throughout the course of delivery and given every opportunity to successfully attain the relevant course award.
Please note - All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Candidates registering for this course who do not meet the English understanding criteria or have not declared a physical disability for which support may be required may be asked to leave the course without refund. In accepting the terms & conditions of the course you are confirming that you have understood the above.
Venue - Middlesex FA HQ, Rectory Park, Ruislip Road, Northolt, Middlesex, UB5 6AU
* Tuesday 29th January
7.00pm - 9.30pm
|Unit 2, 3 & 4|
Saturday 9th February
Saturday 16th February
Saturday 23rd February
|9.30am - 5.30pm|
(23rd February will be
9.30am - 1.00pm)
7.00pm - 9.30pm
*This session is the course introduction, candidates 18 years of age or under and will require attendance from the candidates parent/guardian.
Candidates must attend all of the advertised dates & times in the course schedule. Failure to do so will result in non-qualification.
|Price||Amount||Who can apply at this price?|
|Full Price||£165.00||Any individual over the age of 14.|
Middlesex FA Terms & Conditions, 'Our Commitment to You' & Customer Service Charter policy
Click Here to view the Terms & Conditions and Our Commitment to You policy of Middlesex FA. These documents can be downloaded from the bottom of the link provided.