- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 18 guided learning hours, 6 notional learning hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is designed to provide training for those planning to referee Futsal.
- Course aims and objectives: To provide learners with an introduction to refereeing, identifying the skills required to effectively referee games of Futsal. Following the initial training the candidates will be expected to referee a minimum of six games before returning for a review session during which their knowledge of Law will be assessed.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 5 clear modules with the following elements
Modules 1-4 - Theory/Practical Delivery:
- Introduction to the course
- The ethos of Futsal
- Role and responsibilities
- What the qualification is
- Law 12 Sanctions
- Cautioning & send-off procedure
- Misconduct report writing
- Recognising Challenges
- The second referee, timekeeper and third referee
- Practical exercises covering various laws
- Free Kicks
- Penalty Kicks
- Small games for practical experience of refereeing
- Practical Experience (Over 1 – 3 month period 6 NLH’s)
Module 5 - Assessment of Experiences:
- Opportunity to reflect on previous learning and experience
- Examination to confirm competence to qualify as a Futsal Referee
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 3 Modules of learning. Module 4 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Module 5, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A DBS check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in module 4.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
If you suffer from a condition that you believe may affect your involvement on a course on either the practical or theoretical elements, please notify us immediately of any support you may require and we will make every effort to ensure that you are supported throughout the course of delivery and given every opportunity to successfully attain the relevant course award.
Please note - All Courses will be conducted in English and therefore candidates are required to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Candidates registering for this course who do not meet the English understanding criteria or have not declared a physical disability for which support may be required may be asked to leave the course without refund. In accepting the terms & conditions of the course you are confirming that you have understood the above.
Venue - Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH.
Sunday 16th January - 9.00am - 4.00pm
Call back session (2 hours) - Date TBC
Candidates must attend all of the advertised dates & times in the course schedule. Failure to do so will result in non-qualification.
|Price||Amount||Who can apply at this price?|
|Full Price||£60.00||Any individual over the age of 14.|
Middlesex FA Terms & Conditions, 'Our Commitment to You' & Customer Service Charter policy
Click Here to view the Terms & Conditions and Our Commitment to You policy of Middlesex FA. These documents can be downloaded from the bottom of the link provided.