Print friendly page
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: Minimum of 18 hours
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
Who is it for:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
This course is ideal for coaches who want to improve the performance of their goalkeepers. Learn how to develop and improve your goalkeeper’s technique and plan and prepare progressive technical practices.
Course Content: The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, the set position, handling techniques, diving saves (catching/deflecting/parrying), dealing with 1v1 situations and crosses
- Understanding how to develop and improve the goalkeepers’ technique
- Planning and preparing progressive technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
- The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model
Assessment: Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 15 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.Course Dates
3rd June 2012 9am-5pm
10th June 2012 9am-5pm
17th June 2012 9am-5pm
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: