Course: The FA Level 1 in the Coaching Futsal
Course Information: This course will provide a benefit to learners on the basis that it will provide them with an understanding of the techniques and skills related to the game of Futsal. This course will help learners organise and deliver basic Futsal practices. It will also provide learners with an introduction to the structure of the game, the Laws and the role Futsal can play in developing underlying techniques and skills footballers.
Minimum age: Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course pre-requisites: Prior to registration, learners are required to:
● Be accurately identified
● Be at least 16 years of age
● Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF)*
● Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop within the last three years, or completed the re-certification*
*upon course completion these qualifications must remain in date to achieve certification.
Who is it for: Anyone who wishes to better understand futsal and support the development of futsal players in the grassroots game.
Course Content: Through the programme of training and assessment, learners will:
● Develop an appreciation and understanding of the basic techniques related to coaching Futsal
● Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying fundamental principles related to the game of Futsal
● Display a basic understanding of the Futsal Laws of the Game
● Develop an understanding of Futsal as a standalone game in its own right and the significant variances from conventional 5-a-side
● Develop an awareness of the part Futsal can play in the development of young players
Assessment: There is no formal assessment; the progress of learners is monitored through the group activities and discussions.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Sunday 8th March 2020 - 09:00-17:00
Manchester FA Member Club - £40.00
Non Member Club - £50.00
Course Venue: Oldham Futsal Arena, Oldham College, Rochdale Road, Oldham, OL9 6AA
PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY:
1. Manchester FA offer a 'Manchester FA Member Club' rate on all Futsal Level 1 courses. This preferential rate is for coaches working in Manchester FA member clubs only. If you are part of a Manchester FA member club and believe you are eligible to receive the discounted course price, please select this price when booking the course online.
How to Apply
Do you have a FAN?
If you do not have a FAN number or believe you don’t. There are two steps you should follow, details below:-
- If you believe you do have a FAN number but don’t know what it is, please contact Manchester FA (details above and we can check if you do/don’t have a FAN. Please do this before step 2.
- If after step 1 you definitely don’t have a FAN Number: Please use the ‘Don’t have a FAN number?’ function below to create a FAN. Once you have submitted your details in the pop-up box, you will receive a confirmation email which will include your newly created FAN. You will need to create a FAN before you book onto any of our courses online.
Once you have a confirmed FAN, you can then log in and book the FA level 1 course.
- Please Note: If you have been involved in grassroots football, it is likely you already have a FAN. Please check whether you have a FAN.
Manchester County FA
Coach Education Terms & Conditions
- Candidate bookings will only be reserved on receipt of full payment.
- Credit and Debit Card payments are accepted with online and telephone bookings. Please visit www.manchesterfa.com for further details.
- Where clubs or other organisations have credit with MFA, authorisation must be given from the Club Secretary or nominated person to draw from these funds. MFA can provide updated account information upon request
- Candidates will receive a receipt via email once their booking has been confirmed.
- Candidates will receive written confirmation and further course information at least 7 days prior to the course.
- Candidates MUST attend all aspects of the course to be eligible for certification.
- If notification of a cancellation is received more than 14 days before the scheduled start date a refund will be issued.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled start of the course will not be eligible for a refund.
- Any candidate who fails to attend and fails to inform the county FA will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer between courses.
- If notification of a transfer to an alternative course is received more than 10 days before the scheduled start of the initial course the learner can be transferred as requested
- If a learner wishes to transfer to an alternative course less than 10 days before the start of the initial course, the transfer will only be granted if a replacement learner is on a waiting list to take the place
- If a club notifies MCFA that a candidate from their club is unable to attend the course they are able to nominate another coach from the club to take the place, otherwise the above conditions apply
- A candidate may only transfer once between courses. Candidates who have transferred between courses will not be eligible for a refund if they are unable to attend even if this is more than 10 days before the start of the new course.
In the event of extenuating circumstances before or during the course, please contact Manchester FA on 0161 225 1966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Course Changes & MFA Cancellations
- MFA reserve the right to change the programme, the tutors, the venue or to reschedule an event without prior notice. Candidates will be advised of these changes as soon as possible. When notified of these changes’ candidates may either withdraw, with no liability for fees or transfer to another course of equal value with no charge.
- If there are insufficient numbers MFA reserve the right to cancel the course with at least 3 days’ notice.
I understand that MFA and their servants, agents and employees are not under any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage however caused, while taking part in any activities of the Association.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: