For everyone who works with young people, this workshop focuses on making football safe. The course teaches our football workforce to promote best practice to protect young people. Candidates will learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and understand fears involved in these concerns.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (coaching/ standalone)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (refereeing)
Course Aims & Objectives
The workshop will raise your awareness and specifically help you to be able to:
- Identify and build on best practice in football
- Recognise signs of abuse and identify what behaviour causes concern
- Identify the actions to take if you have a concern and who can help
- Develop your action plan for change
- Setting standards
- Building a network of designated persons
- Responsible recruitment
- Your responsibilities
- Your practice
- Poor practice
- Promoting best practice
- Reviewing your practice
- Changing behaviour
What is Poor practice? What is abuse?
- What is child abuse?
- Types of abuse
- Believe it or not
- Incidence of abuse
- Signs and indicators
What to do about poor practice and abuse?
- Emotional responses
- Who to contact
- Dealing with possible poor practice and/or abuse in a football setting
- Dealing with concerns outside the football setting
- Responding to a child who discloses
- Recording your concerns
- Dealing with bullying
- Taking action: for you, your club, team or organisation
- Taking action for yourself
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Thursday 30th January 2020 - 18:30-21:30
Full Course Price: £25.00
Venue: The Manchester College (Nicholls Campus), Hyde Road, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 6BA
How to Apply
Do you have a FAN?
- No: Please use the ‘Don’t have a FAN number?’ function below to create a FAN. Once you have submitted your details in the pop-up box, you will receive a confirmation email which will include your newly created FAN. You will need to create a FAN before you book onto any of our courses online or via phone or email with Manchester FA,
- Yes: Please log in and make payment online to enrol
- Please Note: If you have been involved in grassroots football, it is likely you already have a FAN. Please check whether you have a FAN. If you have FORGOTTEN YOUR FAN DO NOT CREATE A NEW ONE. Your qualifications will be split across different profiles and it may harm your ability to enrol on courses in future.
Coach Education Terms & Conditions
- Candidate bookings will only be reserved on receipt of full payment.
- Credit and Debit Card payments are accepted with online and telephone bookings. Please visit www.manchesterfa.com for further details.
- Where clubs or other organisations have credit with MCFA, authorisation must be given from the Club Secretary or nominated person to draw from these funds. MCFA will send the club / organisation updated account information. Candidates will receive a receipt via email once their booking has been confirmed.
- Candidates will receive written confirmation and further course information at least 7 days prior to the course.
- Candidates MUST attend all aspects of the course to be eligible for certification.
- If notification of a cancellation is received more than 14 days before the scheduled start date a refund will be issued.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled start of the course will not be eligible for a refund.
- Any candidate who fails to attend and fails to inform the county FA will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer between courses.
- If notification of a transfer to an alternative course is received more than 10 days before the scheduled start of the initial course the learner can be transferred as requested
- If a learner wishes to transfer to an alternative course less than 10 days before the start of the initial course, the transfer will only be granted if a replacement learner is on a waiting list to take the place
- If a club notifies MCFA that a candidate from their club is unable to attend the course they are able to nominate another coach from the club to take the place, otherwise the above conditions apply
- A candidate may only transfer once between courses. Candidates who have transferred between courses will not be eligible for a refund if they are unable to attend even if this is more than 10 days before the start of the new course.
In the event of extenuating circumstances before or during the course, please contact Manchester FA on 0161 225 1966 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
Course Changes & MFA Cancellations
- MFA reserve the right to change the programme, the tutors, the venue or to reschedule an event without prior notice. Candidates will be advised of these changes as soon as possible. When notified of these changes’ candidates may either withdraw, with no liability for fees or transfer to another course of equal value with no charge.
- If there are insufficient numbers MFA reserve the right to cancel the course with at least 3 days’ notice.
I understand that MFA and their servants, agents and employees are not under any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage however caused, while taking part in any activities of the Association.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: