Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Course Duration: 6 hours (one day)
- Who is it for: This course is for individuals wishing to understand more about the techniques required for coaching Futsal.
- Course aims and objectives: The aim of this course is to provide candidates with an understanding of the techniques and skills related to the game of Futsal. This course will help candidates organise and deliver basic Futsal practices. It will also provide candidates with an introduction to the structure of the game, the laws and the role Futsal can play in developing underlying techniques and skills.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 6 hours of CPD will be accredited at Level 1 and 2 only. If you are not a member of The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0800 085 2012.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the basic techniques related to coaching Futsal
- Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying fundamental principles related to the game of Futsal
- Display a basic understanding of the Futsal Laws of the Game
- Develop an understanding of Futsal as a stand alone game in its own right and the significant variances from conventional 5-a-side
- Develop an awareness of the part Futsal can play in the development of young players.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: There is no formal assessment.
Refresher: No refresher required.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Sunday 27th January 2019 - 09:00-17:00
Manchester FA Member Club - £40.00
Non Member Club - £50.00
Course Venue: Oldham Futsal Arena, Oldham College, Rochdale Road, Oldham, OL9 6AA
PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY:
1. Manchester FA offer a 'Manchester FA Member Club' rate on all Futsal Level 1 courses. This preferential rate is for coaches working in Manchester FA member clubs only. If you are part of a Manchester FA member club and believe you are eligible to receive the discounted course price, please select this price when booking the course online.
How to Apply
Do you have a FAN?
If you do not have a FAN number or believe you don’t. There are two steps you should follow, details below:-
- If you believe you do have a FAN number but don’t know what it is, please contact Manchester FA (details above and we can check if you do/don’t have a FAN. Please do this before step 2.
- If after step 1 you definitely don’t have a FAN Number: Please use the ‘Don’t have a FAN number?’ function below to create a FAN. Once you have submitted your details in the pop-up box, you will receive a confirmation email which will include your newly created FAN. You will need to create a FAN before you book onto any of our courses online.
Once you have a confirmed FAN, you can then log in and book the FA level 1 course.
- Please Note: If you have been involved in grassroots football, it is likely you already have a FAN. Please check whether you have a FAN.
Manchester County FA
Coach Education Terms & Conditions
- Bookings have to be made through the website to secure the candidates place and activate the online learning platform for the course.
- Candidate bookings will only be reserved on receipt of full payment.
- MFA will issue invoices to certain organisations (which need agreeing prior to booking) in respect of coach education payments. If payment is not received within 30 days the respective candidates will removed from the course so the place can be offered to another coach wishing to complete the course. This organisation will not be eligible for invoice payments in the future.
- Where clubs or other organisations have credit with MFA, authorisation must be given from the Club Secretary or nominated person to draw from these funds. MFA will send the club/organisation updated account information. Candidates will receive the full course confirmation letter once the place has been confirmed.
- Candidates will receive written confirmation and further course information at least 10 days prior to the course.
- Candidates MUST attend all aspects of the course to be eligible for certification.
- If notification of a cancellation is received more than 14 days before the scheduled start date a refund will be issued minus a £10 administration charge.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled start of the course will not be eligible for a refund.
- Any candidate who fails to attend the start date and fails to inform Manchester FA will not be eligible for a refund or to transfer between courses.
- If notification of a transfer to an alternative course is received more than 14 days before the scheduled start of the initial course no administration charge will be levied.
- Transfers to an alternative course less than 14 days before the start of the initial course will be subject to a £10 administration charge.
- If a club notifies MFA that a candidate is unable to attend less than 14 days before the start of the course and finds a suitable replacement the booking name will be changed for no extra fee.
- A candidate may only transfer once between courses. Candidates who have transferred between courses will not be eligible for a refund if they are unable to attend even if this is more than 14 days before the start of the new course.
In the event of extenuating circumstances before or during the course,
Please contact Manchester FA on 0161 225 1966 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
Course Changes & MCFA Cancellations
- MFA reserve the right to change the programme, the tutors, and the venue or to reschedule an event without prior notice. Candidates will be advised of these changes as soon as possible. When notified of these changes candidates may either withdraw, with no liability for fees or transfer to another course of equal value with no charge.
- If there are insufficient numbers MFA reserve the right to cancel the course with at least 5 days’ notice.
- I understand that MFA and their servants, agents and employees are not under any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage however caused, while taking part in any activities of the Association.
MCFA Coach Education Pricing Structure
Coaches actively working within a Manchester FA member club will be able to secure a place on any advertised courses at a reduced ‘Member’ fee. The ‘Member’ fee is inclusive of a £10.00 reduction. In addition, for all FA Level 2 courses, an additional FA/Sport England Bursary will apply*.
*Please note the bursary contribution varies dependent upon the course and is not included within the advertised course price. FA/Sport England Bursaries are only available for coaches actively working within a Manchester FA member club.
Coaches who are not actively working with a Manchester FA member club will be able to secure a place on any advertised course at the advertised course fee.
Manchester FA monitor all candidates who attend our courses. Any candidate found to have booked onto a course using a promotional code and who is not actively working with a
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: