Print friendly page
This CPD event will cover the following topics:
- Your role in creating a fun and engaging environment that ultimately leads to lifelong enjoyment of the game
- The importance of play is and what it can look like for children playing football in the Foundation Phase
- How you can use games as a learning tool to foster play, enjoyment and development for children
England DNA workshop (5-11): Games and play.
Date: 1st June 2020
Venue: Douglas Eyre Sports Centre Coppermill Lane Walthamstow Greater london E17 7HE
The Foundation Phase (FP) England DNA
Throughout the 2019/20 season, The FA will be working with our County FA (CFA) partners to better connect grassroots coaches across the country to our England DNA; the coaching and playing philosophy of all England teams.
This is an opportunity for us to make sure every young player enjoys their football. By working together, we can give boys and girls across the country the best experience possible in the game, and we can overcome the unique challenges that occur in different age groups.
In this series of workshops, we concentrate on the Foundation Phase (FP). We will tackle specific topics and themes designed around the needs of players aged 5-11 and their coaches.
What is this workshop about?
In this workshop we explore play and its importance to child development as we focus on the role coaches have in creating fun, engaging environments.
When are we having a game? Those six words can be tough to hear, but we can’t ignore them. By taking a more playful approach to training and using games and free play children have more fun and more freedom.
During this session we will look at different examples of games and challenges that children will enjoy. We will discuss how you can build learning and development into games, and how this balance can help young players fall in love with football.
During this workshop we will explore these ideas in the classroom and through practical activities and games with children on the pitch.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understand the coach’s role in creating a fun and engaging environment that ultimately leads to lifelong enjoyment of the game.
- An understanding of how important play is, and what play can look like for children playing football in the Foundation Phase.
- A recognition of how games can be used as a learning tool to foster play, enjoyment and development for children
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: