FA Coaching Disabled Footballers (1D)
- Minimum Age: 17
- Course Duration: 6 hours
- Course Prerequisites: Minimum 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
- Who is it for: Coaches and teachers who wish to learn how to include all people within their coaching/teaching sessions.
- Course aims and objectives: The course is designed to give football coaches and teacher's ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 6 hours at Level 1, 2 and 3 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements and by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to met the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Coaching Visually Impaired Players
- Coaching Wheelchair Players
- Coaching Deaf Players
- Disability Equality Workshop
FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Thursday 8th August 2019
9.00am - 5.00pm
Call back evening
Thursday 28th November 2019
6.30pm - 7.30pm
Coaches who complete the Coaching Disabled Footballers Course, will be given a Disability Football Club contact sheet and a log book. Coaches must complete 16 Hours voluntary placement with a disability club affiliated to Liverpool County FA.
Log books & certificates will be presented at the Call Back Evening along with Disability Mentor support.
All courses must be booked online.