Safeguarding Children Workshop
For everyone who works with young people, this workshop focuses on making football safe. The course teaches our football workforce to promote best practice to protect young people. Candidates will learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and understand fears involved in these concerns.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (coaching/ standalone)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (refereeing)
Course Aims & Objectives
The workshop will raise your awareness and specifically help you to be able to:
- Identify and build on best practice in football
- Recognise signs of abuse and identify what behaviour causes concern
- Identify the actions to take if you have a concern and who can help
- Develop your action plan for change
- Setting standards
- Building a network of designated persons
- Responsible recruitment
- Your responsibilities
- Your practice
- Poor practice
- Promoting best practice
- Reviewing your practice
- Changing behaviour
What is Poor practice? What is abuse?
- What is child abuse?
- Types of abuse
- Believe it or not
- Incidence of abuse
- Signs and indicators
What to do about poor practice and abuse?
- Emotional responses
- Who to contact
- Dealing with possible poor practice and/or abuse in a football setting
- Dealing with concerns outside the football setting
- Responding to a child who discloses
- Recording your concerns
- Dealing with bullying
- Taking action: for you, your club, team or organisation
- Taking action for yourself
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Date: Tuesday 24th September 2019
Time: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Venue: Council Chamber
All courses must be booked online.