FA Emergency First Aid
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: 3 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: A short course over 3 hours to train club representatives in resuscitation and life-saving skills.
- Course aims and objectives:
- 1. To preserve life
- 2. Limit the effect of injury
- 3. Promote recovery
Course Content: This course will cover the following subjects:
- Incident Management
- Assessing the casualty
- Recovery position
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
Practical Involvement: The course contains content of a practical and functional nature, given this participants should be in good general health. Students should appreciate that the course contains practical components where they will work with other course members.
1. Attendance on the course
2. Practical participation/demonstration of various components of the course content.
Refresher: First Aid qualifications have a 3 year validity, this qualification must be renewed every 3 years.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in First Aid for Sport
- FA Basic First Aid for Sport
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Date: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Time: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Venue: Council Chamber
All courses must be booked online.