Print friendly page
The FA EFAiF Course is a sports first aid course aimed at ‘lay first aiders’, specifically coaches, teachers, parents and volunteers, who are responsible for the provision of emergency first aid when supporting football activities.
- To provide the learner with an understanding of the general duties, responsibilities and treatment principles of first aid within the football environment
- To provide learners with the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to recognise and manage life and limb threatening injuries and the ability to offer basic first aid.
On completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the duties, responsibilities, general treatment principles and priorities of emergency care provision in the football setting
- Describe the elements of pre-event preparation (EAP) in relation to emergency care provision in football
- Carry out the emergency procedures taught on the course that would deal with a life or limb threatening injury presented to them in football inclusive of sudden cardiac arrest, catastrophic bleeding and other medical emergencies
- Have knowledge and management of airway and cervical spine issues that may arise in football
- Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines and have completed the on-line course prior to attending the EFAiF course
Limits of Responsibility:
The course aims and objectives focus on the need to provide the learner with sufficient knowledge and skills to identify life and limb threatening injury in football. The aims and objectives are also directed towards a learner identifying the need for an injured or ill player to be referred to a hospital, for medical management by an appropriate healthcare professional.
The course is ideally one-day inclusive but can be subdivided into three distinct modules if required. Please note all modules must be completed within one month (ideal 3 weeks) and there is no APL to The FA IFAiF course.
Module 1 –
- The Emergency Action Plan / Roles and responsibilities of the first aider in football / dispelling the myths of first aid / First aid equipment for football
- A-E approach cardiac - CPR/ AED and management of sudden cardiac arrest in both adult and paediatric players includes theory and practice
- Acute Medical emergencies in football (Asthma, anaphylaxis
Module 2 –
- A-E approach of the injured footballer includes airway management and practice
- Management of the unresponsive player includes c-spine awareness and assisting the ambulance crew theory and practice
- Head Injury and Concussion Management in Football theory and practical application
Module 3 –
- Medical emergencies in football includes anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, hypoglycaemia, epilepsy, heat stroke
- Limb threatening injuries in football and their first aid management, includes fracture/dislocations, catastrophic bleeding, shock management theory and practical application
- Consolidation of all of the above modules 1-3 in summary
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines (e-learning module completion)
Have knowledge, understanding and have completed The FA Sudden Cardiac Arrest (e-learning module completion)
The FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (Event 0036)
Date: Tuesday 10th September 2019
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Venue: Playfootball Garston Road Blackpool Lancashire FY3 7JH
Lancashire FA Cancellation Policy
Cancellations more than 14 working days before the course start date are eligible for a refund minus £10 fee.
Cancellations less than 14 working days before the course start date are not eligible for a refund.
Cancellations will only be accepted when in writing. Learners, who fail to email us about their cancellation requests, will not be eligible for a refund.
Learners, who fail to notify Lancashire FA of their non-attendance prior to the course start date, are not eligible for any refund, and not eligible for a transfer to another course.
Lancashire FA Transfer Policy
Transfers to alternative courses more than 14 working days before the course start date are free of charge.
Transfers to alternative courses less than 14 working days before the course start date are subject to £10 fee.
Transfers will only be accepted when in writing. Learners, who fail to email us about their transfer requests, will not be eligible for a transfer.
Each learner can only transfer once between courses, and if they are unable to attend the course they transferred to, they are not eligible for a refund, even if they cancel more than 14 working days before the new course start date.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: