Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 17
- Course Duration: 6 hours
- Course Prerequisites: Minimum 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
- Who is it for: Coaches and teachers who wish to learn how to include all people within their coaching/teaching sessions.
- Course aims and objectives: The course is designed to give football coaches and teacher's ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 6 hours at Level 1, 2 and 3 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0844 980 8212
The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements and by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to met the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Coaching Visually Impaired Players
- Coaching Wheelchair Players
- Coaching Deaf Players
- Disability Equality Workshop
FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
COACHING DISABLED FOOTBALLERS COURSE
Thursday 14th February 2019
The course will be delivered at Lancashire FA, The County Ground, Thurston Road, Leyland, PR25 2LF, and will run from 9.30am-4.30pm
The course cost is £30 for all Clubs / Participants.
Lancashire FA Cancellation Policy
Cancellations more than 14 working days before the course start date are eligible for a refund minus £10 fee.
Cancellations less than 14 working days before the course start date are not eligible for a refund.
Cancellations will only be accepted when in writing. Learners, who fail to email us about their cancellation requests, will not be eligible for a refund.
Learners, who fail to notify Lancashire FA of their non-attendance prior to the course start date, are not eligible for any refund, and not eligible for a transfer to another course.
Lancashire FA Transfer Policy
Transfers to alternative courses more than 14 working days before the course start date are free of charge.
Transfers to alternative courses less than 14 working days before the course start date are subject to £10 fee.
Transfers will only be accepted when in writing. Learners, who fail to email us about their transfer requests, will not be eligible for a transfer.
Each learner can only transfer once between courses, and if they are unable to attend the course they transferred to, they are not eligible for a refund, even if they cancel more than 14 working days before the new course start date.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: