- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: Minimum 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Member of the current FA Licensed Coaches’ Club (recommended)
- Who is it for: Aimed at coaches at all levels who want to become more knowledgeable and effective when coaching young players. There are generic strands relating to teaching and learning, motivation and self-esteem that are suitable for most coaches.
- Course aims and objectives: The course will provide practical sessions and advice for when coaching this age group, and will increase the candidate's knowledge of how to develop their coaching to incorporate The FA 4 corner model. The course will cover technical development and in the physical corner it will offer FUNdamental ideas for the coach to use as well as suggested activities for the development of football specific movements. The important Social and Psychological development of the young player is also examined.
- Leading to: FA Youth Award Module 2 - Developing the Practice
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1, 2 and 3 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- The importance of the social corner and how it links with the 4 corners.
- How players learn
- Managing Mistakes
- Managing Physical, Technical, Social and Psychological Difference
- Planning Activity
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Physical corner FUNdamental warm-ups
- Practical activities and games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
*Please note that if you are already a member of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club, no refunds will be made, however you may be able to access this offer if you go on to attend further Youth Award Modules. One free licence per coach, irrespective of how many Modules they attend.
Please note that to apply for this course, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have completed your 1st4Sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification,
- Be a member of FA Licensed Coaches Club which requires up to date Safeguarding Children & Emergency Aid qualifications as well as a valid CRC check if you're a youth coach.
FA YOUTH AWARD MODULE 1
Sunday 10th/Sunday 17th/Sunday 24th April 2016 Sunday 1st May 2016
The course will be delivered at Holker Old Boys, Rakesmoor Lane, Barrow, Cumbria, LA14 4QB, and will run from 9am-5pm
The course cost is £150 for all Clubs / Participants
If you need to cancel your attendance on the course you should inform Lancashire FA immediately. All our courses are in demand and by not advising us you are preventing another candidate from attending.
If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course, a full refund will be issued. However, if you cancel after the 2 week deadline, no refund will be given.
If you should decide to transfer to another course once your place has been confirmed in writing, there will be an additional administration charge of £20.00
The deadline for registration has passed