- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 9 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating mini soccer football up to but not including 9v9
- Course aims and objectives: The MSR course provides participants with an insight into the ethos of mini soccer, the laws of the game and their role in helping young people enjoy and learn about the game.
- Leading to: Mini Soccer Referee Status (MSR)
The course consists of 3 modules with the following elements:
- Understanding your role in mini soccer – this offers an introduction to the course, considers the ethos of mini soccer and highlights the roles and responsibilities of the referee.
- Developing your role – this is a practical element of the course looking at health and safety issues, applying law and demonstrating referee techniques and skills.
- The Realities of your role – in this session we cover the practicalities of managing the game and players and controlling different game situations
- Your role as an educator – this session looks at the role of the referee as an educator and offers trainees an opportunity to develop an action plan.
- Officiating 3 games of mini soccer
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A DBS check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in module 3.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Basic Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Please ensure you available for every date stated below before booking the course. ALL dates are compulsory and missing any of the dates including the Call Back evening will mean you do not complete the qualification.
Day 1: Saturday 28th March 2020 (9am until 3pm)
Match Day: Sunday 29th March 2020 (Either an AM or PM slot - TBC)
Call Back: Thursday 02nd April 2020 (6:30pm until 8:30pm)
Day 1: Ebbsfleet Academy (DA10 0BZ)
Match Day: Bat & Ball Ground, Gravesend (DA11 0QP)
Call Back: K Sports (ME20 6AU)
£30.00 for each female candidate.
£75.00 for all other candidates.
We aim to deliver the majority of the course outside on the field of play so please dress appropriately. We advise bringing a change of clothing/footwear, warm clothing, football boots and shin pads. Lunch is not provided so please bring lunch and enough fluids for the day.
Please note the following which was advised in the Get Into Refereeing Workshop:
If you are ages 14-16 (inclusive) then you will need to complete the online Safeguarding Children Workshop, details of which will be sent around 10 days prior to the course.
If you are aged 16 or over then you will need to complete a Criminal Records Check at an additional cost of £10.00. Instructions on how to do this will be sent around 10 days prior to the course starting.
If you are aged 17 or over then you will need to attend a Safeguarding Children Workshop. The cost of this is already covered with the cost of this refereeing course.
You will need to complete a minimum of 3 games between Day 1 of the course and the Call Back evening, 1 of which will need to be mentored.
All information regarding the above and everything that you will require for the course will be distributed to you approximately 7 days before the course begins.