This is a three hour workshop for the pitch side first aider, which aims to provide the participant with:
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to attend an unconscious player
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to recognise and manage a player who is not breathing, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation
- Knowledge of sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Knowledge and practical skills to recognise and apply immediate first aid to a number of medical conditions that pose a threat to life
- Knowledge of the requirements of emergency action planning for football
- Knowledge of the FA concussion guidelines and appropriate immediate management of the concussed player
The course is open to all with an interest in improving their emergency aid skills. The qualification is
valid for a period of three years.
The course will provide the learner with the knowledge and practical skills and an introduction to first aid that will enable them to attend a conscious or unconscious player, ensuring that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s) assumes responsibility for the player.
On completion of the workshop, the learner will be able to:
- Recognise their role and responsibility as a nominated First Aider
- Identify the key components of an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Identify best practice when summoning medical assistance, in terms of when, how and knowing what information is required
- Determine whether a player is conscious or unconscious and perform the correct procedure to open the airway
- Apply the correct techniques whilst performing chest compressions, rescue breathing and automated external defibrillation to a player suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest
- Discuss appropriate actions following an incident
- Recognise the signs and symptoms, and administer appropriate immediate first aid when dealing with a range of life threatening conditions that may present in football
- Emergency Action Planning for football
- Process Overview
- Pre-Activity Preparation
- Reacting to an Incident
- Approaching the Injured Player
- Primary Survey (A-E approach)
- CPR/AED (adults and children)
- Resuscitation CPR AED Algorithm for adults and children
- Heart Conditions and sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Asthma, anaphylaxis, catastrophic bleeding and airway problems
- Head Injury and concussion - The FA Concussion guidelines
- Dispelling the myths of first aid management
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines (e-learning module completion)
Have knowledge, understanding and have completed The FA Sudden Cardiac Arrest (e-learning module completion)
|Date||Friday 28th February 2020|
|Venue||Stoneham Lane Football Complex, SO16 2PA|
When booking on a Hampshire FA Coach Education course, please be aware you are accepting the below Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
When booking on a Hampshire FA Coach Education course, please be aware you are accepting the below Terms & Conditions:
Hampshire FA adheres to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course(s) you agree to have read and to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
By enrolling onto our course(s) you agree to attend all dates associated to the course. Failure to attend all dates will result in non-qualification.
Attendance & Transfer of Candidates
- I am aware that I am required to attend the course in full, and as such cannot bypass days, or transfer between days from another course.
-I am aware if I cannot attend one or more of the pre-determined course dates I must:
i) Pay a transfer fee of £42.00 and restart my learning from day one on another course with Hampshire FA, within 12 months of the original course start date.
or if attending a standalone 1 day workshop:
ii) Pay a transfer fee of £15.00 and restart my learning on another course with Hampshire FA, within 12 months of the original course start date.
- I am aware failure to complete a transferred course within 12 months of the original course start date will result in both the original course cost and administration fee being retained by Hampshire FA.
- I am fully aware I am the only participant who can attend my chosen course, I understand that no other person may attend in my place should I be unable to attend.
- I am fully aware I must have access to be able to coach a team/group of players in England during my qualification.*
- I am fully aware that I am required to attend the full course duration and that the Tutor has the right to dismiss me if I am deemed to be considerably late (Tutor discretion).
*Applies to FA Level One, FA Level Two, UEFA B
- If I cancel my booking I will inform Hampshire FA and will be entitled to a credit note for the value of the following:
o 75% return if 2 months’ notice given
o 50% return if 1 month notice given
o 25% return if less than one month given
o No return if less than 7 days given
- I am fully aware of the previously stated mandatory prerequisites to attend my course and agree to meet them before day one.
- If I do not deliver payment for my course fee before the commencement of the course, my certificate will be withheld until payment is settled.
- I am aware should I be serving General Suspension I cannot attend the course until I have been cleared by the Discipline Department.
- You must able to demonstrate fluent (or almost) speaking, listening, reading and writing English language skills to take part on any Hampshire FA course.
- If I have any Criminal Convictions then I agree I MUST inform Hampshire FA of such convictions before booking.
- Hampshire FA holds no responsibility for any injuries sustained on the course or for the loss of any personal belongings. We advise learners to consider taking out their own Personal Accident Insurance prior to the course.
- I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, the Hampshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
- The Hampshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies.
- I am fully aware that my chosen course may be one which includes the FA Safeguarding children workshop three hour Workshop, which discusses some sensitive ‘hypothetical’ issues and some real issues regarding child abuse in its various forms.
- I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
Equality & Inclusion
Both Hampshire FA & The FA are committed to football being inclusive and providing a safe and positive experience for everyone involved in the game.
FA Learning is duty bound to offer its learners equal opportunity in relation to its educational provision. Alternative formats are available to ensure learning is inclusive. The learner’s welfare is paramount to FA Learning at all times, and is centred on positive learning
Please note that if a learner has a disability (as defined under the "Equality act 2010" ) that may prevent them participating in either the classroom or practical sessions, then this should be made known to the course organiser at the point of registration.
Equality: FA Education will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
FA Number (FAN)
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details. Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
Read more: http://www.hampshirefa.com/coaches/coaching-support/policies-and-procedures
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: