Print friendly page
For everyone who works with young people, this workshop focuses on making football safe. The course teaches our football workforce to promote best practice to protect young people. Candidates will learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and understand fears involved in these concerns.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (coaching/ standalone)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (refereeing)
Course Aims & Objectives
The workshop will raise your awareness and specifically help you to be able to:
- Identify and build on best practice in football
- Recognise signs of abuse and identify what behaviour causes concern
- Identify the actions to take if you have a concern and who can help
- Develop your action plan for change
- Setting standards
- Building a network of designated persons
- Responsible recruitment
- Your responsibilities
- Your practice
- Poor practice
- Promoting best practice
- Reviewing your practice
- Changing behaviour
What is Poor practice? What is abuse?
- What is child abuse?
- Types of abuse
- Believe it or not
- Incidence of abuse
- Signs and indicators
What to do about poor practice and abuse?
- Emotional responses
- Who to contact
- Dealing with possible poor practice and/or abuse in a football setting
- Dealing with concerns outside the football setting
- Responding to a child who discloses
- Recording your concerns
- Dealing with bullying
- Taking action: for you, your club, team or organisation
- Taking action for yourself
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
|Date||Tuesday 11th February 2020|
|Venue||Front Lawn Recreation Ground, PO9 5AN|
When booking on a Hampshire FA Coach Education course, please be aware you are accepting the below Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
When booking on a Hampshire FA Coach Education course, please be aware you are accepting the below Terms & Conditions:
Hampshire FA adheres to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course(s) you agree to have read and to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
By enrolling onto our course(s) you agree to attend all dates associated to the course. Failure to attend all dates will result in non-qualification.
Attendance & Transfer of Candidates
- I am aware that I am required to attend the course in full, and as such cannot bypass days, or transfer between days from another course.
-I am aware if I cannot attend one or more of the pre-determined course dates I must:
i) Pay a transfer fee of £42.00 and restart my learning from day one on another course with Hampshire FA, within 12 months of the original course start date.
or if attending a standalone 1 day workshop:
ii) Pay a transfer fee of £15.00 and restart my learning on another course with Hampshire FA, within 12 months of the original course start date.
- I am aware failure to complete a transferred course within 12 months of the original course start date will result in both the original course cost and administration fee being retained by Hampshire FA.
- I am fully aware I am the only participant who can attend my chosen course, I understand that no other person may attend in my place should I be unable to attend.
- I am fully aware I must have access to be able to coach a team/group of players in England during my qualification.*
- I am fully aware that I am required to attend the full course duration and that the Tutor has the right to dismiss me if I am deemed to be considerably late (Tutor discretion).
*Applies to FA Level One, FA Level Two, UEFA B
- If I cancel my booking I will inform Hampshire FA and will be entitled to a credit note for the value of the following:
o 75% return if 2 months’ notice given
o 50% return if 1 month notice given
o 25% return if less than one month given
o No return if less than 7 days given
- I am fully aware of the previously stated mandatory prerequisites to attend my course and agree to meet them before day one.
- If I do not deliver payment for my course fee before the commencement of the course, my certificate will be withheld until payment is settled.
- I am aware should I be serving General Suspension I cannot attend the course until I have been cleared by the Discipline Department.
- You must able to demonstrate fluent (or almost) speaking, listening, reading and writing English language skills to take part on any Hampshire FA course.
- If I have any Criminal Convictions then I agree I MUST inform Hampshire FA of such convictions before booking.
- Hampshire FA holds no responsibility for any injuries sustained on the course or for the loss of any personal belongings. We advise learners to consider taking out their own Personal Accident Insurance prior to the course.
- I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, the Hampshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
- The Hampshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies.
- I am fully aware that my chosen course may be one which includes the FA Safeguarding children workshop three hour Workshop, which discusses some sensitive ‘hypothetical’ issues and some real issues regarding child abuse in its various forms.
- I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
Equality & Inclusion
Both Hampshire FA & The FA are committed to football being inclusive and providing a safe and positive experience for everyone involved in the game.
FA Learning is duty bound to offer its learners equal opportunity in relation to its educational provision. Alternative formats are available to ensure learning is inclusive. The learner’s welfare is paramount to FA Learning at all times, and is centred on positive learning
Please note that if a learner has a disability (as defined under the "Equality act 2010" ) that may prevent them participating in either the classroom or practical sessions, then this should be made known to the course organiser at the point of registration.
Equality: FA Education will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
FA Number (FAN)
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details. Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: