Print friendly page
The FA EFAiF Course is a sports first aid course aimed at ‘lay first aiders’, specifically coaches, teachers, parents and volunteers, who are responsible for the provision of emergency first aid when supporting football activities.
- To provide the learner with an understanding of the general duties, responsibilities and treatment principles of first aid within the football environment
- To provide learners with the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to recognise and manage life and limb threatening injuries and the ability to offer basic first aid.
On completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the duties, responsibilities, general treatment principles and priorities of emergency care provision in the football setting
- Describe the elements of pre-event preparation (EAP) in relation to emergency care provision in football
- Carry out the emergency procedures taught on the course that would deal with a life or limb threatening injury presented to them in football inclusive of sudden cardiac arrest, catastrophic bleeding and other medical emergencies
- Have knowledge and management of airway and cervical spine issues that may arise in football
- Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines and have completed the on-line course prior to attending the EFAiF course
Limits of Responsibility:
The course aims and objectives focus on the need to provide the learner with sufficient knowledge and skills to identify life and limb threatening injury in football. The aims and objectives are also directed towards a learner identifying the need for an injured or ill player to be referred to a hospital, for medical management by an appropriate healthcare professional.
The course is ideally one-day inclusive but can be subdivided into three distinct modules if required. Please note all modules must be completed within one month (ideal 3 weeks) and there is no APL to The FA IFAiF course.
Module 1 –
- The Emergency Action Plan / Roles and responsibilities of the first aider in football / dispelling the myths of first aid / First aid equipment for football
- A-E approach cardiac - CPR/ AED and management of sudden cardiac arrest in both adult and paediatric players includes theory and practice
- Acute Medical emergencies in football (Asthma, anaphylaxis
Module 2 –
- A-E approach of the injured footballer includes airway management and practice
- Management of the unresponsive player includes c-spine awareness and assisting the ambulance crew theory and practice
- Head Injury and Concussion Management in Football theory and practical application
Module 3 –
- Medical emergencies in football includes anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, hypoglycaemia, epilepsy, heat stroke
- Limb threatening injuries in football and their first aid management, includes fracture/dislocations, catastrophic bleeding, shock management theory and practical application
- Consolidation of all of the above modules 1-3 in summary
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Have knowledge and understanding of The FA concussion guidelines (e-learning module completion)
Have knowledge, understanding and have completed The FA Sudden Cardiac Arrest (e-learning module completion)
Full course details are:
|Gloucestershire FA, Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4AG||Day 1||29.03.2020||9am-3:30pm|
By enrolling onto this course you are accepting the Gloucestershire FA's Booking Terms and Conditions.(PLEASE READ BELOW)
Places will only be reserved on receipt of an online booking and payment or completed application form and payment. Payment can be made by cash in person (please do not send cash through the post) and cheques made payable to Gloucestershire County Football Association.
Forms and payment must be sent to Gloucestershire FA, Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4AG. A receipt or VAT invoice can be provided upon request.
Once your place is confirmed you are required to give us 7 working days notice should you have to cancel your place in order to receive a refund or to transfer your place on to another GFA coaching course. Cancellations within 7 days from the start of the course will not be eligible for a refund, although may be considered in extenuating circumstances. All online cancellations will incur a transaction administration fee.
Please note that course prices, dates and venues may be subject to change during the year.
Please note that if this course should fall below 10 candidates, the County FA reserves the right to cancel the course without prior notice and re-schedule for a later date.
£62.00 (Including Gloucestershire FA Charter Standard Clubs)
* The course is subject to minimum numbers to run
* Full refunds can only be given if we receive at least 7 days notice of cancellation prior to the course start date
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: