Print friendly page
This is a three hour workshop for the pitch side first aider, which aims to provide the participant with:
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to attend an unconscious player
- Knowledge and practical skills to be able to recognise and manage a player who is not breathing, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation
- Knowledge of sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Knowledge and practical skills to recognise and apply immediate first aid to a number of medical conditions that pose a threat to life
- Knowledge of the requirements of emergency action planning for football
- Knowledge of the FA concussion guidelines and appropriate immediate management of the concussed player
The course is open to all with an interest in improving their emergency aid skills. The qualification is
valid for a period of three years.
The course will provide the learner with the knowledge and practical skills and an introduction to first aid that will enable them to attend a conscious or unconscious player, ensuring that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s) assumes responsibility for the player.
On completion of the workshop, the learner will be able to:
- Recognise their role and responsibility as a nominated First Aider
- Identify the key components of an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Identify best practice when summoning medical assistance, in terms of when, how and knowing what information is required
- Determine whether a player is conscious or unconscious and perform the correct procedure to open the airway
- Apply the correct techniques whilst performing chest compressions, rescue breathing and automated external defibrillation to a player suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest
- Discuss appropriate actions following an incident
- Recognise the signs and symptoms, and administer appropriate immediate first aid when dealing with a range of life threatening conditions that may present in football
- Emergency Action Planning for football
- Process Overview
- Pre-Activity Preparation
- Reacting to an Incident
- Approaching the Injured Player
- Primary Survey (A-E approach)
- CPR/AED (adults and children)
- Resuscitation CPR AED Algorithm for adults and children
- Heart Conditions and sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Asthma, anaphylaxis, catastrophic bleeding and airway problems
- Head Injury and concussion - The FA Concussion guidelines
- Dispelling the myths of first aid management
Learners must be at least 16 years of age
Pre and post course reading for development, inclusive of highly recommend e-learning modules to be completed ideally pre course:
Full Course details are:
|Hartpury Sports Academy, Hartpury College, Gloucester, GL19 3BE||21.01.19||6:30pm-9:30pm|
By enrolling onto this course you are accepting the Gloucestershire FA's Booking Terms and Conditions.(PLEASE READ BELOW)
Places will only be reserved on receipt of an online booking and payment or completed application form and payment. Payment can be made by cash in person (please do not send cash through the post) and cheques made payable to Gloucestershire County Football Association.
Forms and payment must be sent to Gloucestershire FA, Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4AG. A receipt or VAT invoice can be provided upon request.
Once your place is confirmed you are required to give us 7 working days notice should you have to cancel your place in order to receive a refund or to transfer your place on to another GFA coaching course. Cancellations within 7 days from the start of the course will not be eligible for a refund, although may be considered in extenuating circumstances. All online cancellations will incur a transaction administration fee.
Please note that course prices, dates and venues may be subject to change during the year.
Please note that if this course should fall below 12 candidates, the County FA reserves the right to cancel the course without prior notice and re-schedule for a later date.
£30.00 (Including Gloucestershire FA Charter Standard Clubs)
* The course is subject to minimum numbers to run
* Full refunds can only be given if we receive at least 7 days notice of cancellation prior to the course start date
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: