- Minimum Age: 19 (Please get in touch beforehand if you are aged 16-18 as we have limited spaces)
- Course Duration: Maximum 31 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Pre-requisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Sport and Physical Activity) focuses on the skills and competences required to be able to plan, deliver and review a series of linked and progressive sport and physical activity coaching sessions, either working independently (if over the age of 18) or as part of a coaching team.
The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- The Role of the Coach
- Nutrition and Hydration
- The Physical Demands of Sport or Physical Activity
- The Mental Demands of Sport or Physical Activity
- Rules and Regulations
- Duty of Care
- Communicating with Participants and Inclusive Coaching Practice
- Safe Coaching Practice
- Planning Coaching Sessions - Information Gathering
- Planning a Session - Developing the Plan
- Linked and Progressive Coaching Sessions
- Prepare the Coaching Environment
- Review Coaching Sessions
- Developing Self
- Practical Demonstration of Coaching
Practical Involvement: Learners will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
- 2 x Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Learners can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course at an extra fee.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Multi Skills Development in Sport
Equality: The GFA will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. The GFA will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
The full schedule for this course will be:
Hartpury Sports Academy, Hartpury University and Hartpury College, Gloucester, GL19 3BE
By enrolling onto this course you are accepting the Gloucestershire FA's Booking Terms and Conditions.(PLEASE READ BELOW)
Places will only be reserved on receipt of an online booking and payment or completed application form and payment. Payment can be made by cash in person (please do not send cash through the post) and cheques made payable to Gloucestershire County Football Association.
Forms and payment must be sent to Gloucestershire FA, Oaklands Park, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4AG. A receipt or VAT invoice can be provided upon request.
Once your place is confirmed you are required to give us 7 working days notice should you have to cancel your place in order to receive a refund or to transfer your place on to another GFA coaching course. Cancellations within 7 days from the start of the course will not be eligible for a refund, although may be considered in extenuating circumstances. All online cancellations will incur a transaction administration fee.
Please note that course prices, dates and venues may be subject to change during the year.
Please note that if this course should fall below 14 learners, the County FA reserves the right to cancel the course without prior notice and re-schedule for a later date.
* This is a generic Coaching Course and is NOT Football specific
* The course is subject to minimum numbers to run
* Full refunds can only be given if we receive at least 7 days notice of cancellation prior to the course start date