Course: FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 face-to-face Workshops (21 hours)
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid/IFAiF
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop within the last three years
Who is it for: This course is great for those looking to gain knowledge and skills relating to designing shorts practices for goalkeepers, linking together a series of practices to create a safe, fun and engaging goalkeeper coaching session.
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with goalkeepers of all ages.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it is played and how they can coach to better support the development of future goalkeepers. The course is designed to prepare learners to coach goalkeepers at the grassroots level.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this course, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions for goalkeepers. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this course will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
- The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their goalkeepers as a whole person
- The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their goalkeepers
- Practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their goalkeepers develop
- Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own goalkeepers
Assessment: Learners will be observed coaching on course and asked to complete a series of tasks related to their own context.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers
Day 1: Saturday 6th June 2020 – 9-5pm
Day 2: Saturday 13th June – 9-5pm
Day 3: Sunday 14th June – 10-6pm
Venue: Dorset County FA, Hamworthy, Poole BH15 4BF
The deadline for registration has passed