The FA Mini Soccer Referee Course (FEMALE ONLY)
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 9 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating mini soccer football up to but not including 9v9
- Course aims and objectives: The MSR course provides participants with an insight into the ethos of mini soccer, the laws of the game and their role in helping young people enjoy and learn about the game.
- Leading to: Mini Soccer Referee Status (MSR)
The course consists of 3 modules with the following elements:
- Understanding your role in mini soccer – this offers an introduction to the course, considers the ethos of mini soccer and highlights the roles and responsibilities of the referee.
- Developing your role – this is a practical element of the course looking at health and safety issues, applying law and demonstrating referee techniques and skills.
- The Realities of your role – in this session we cover the practicalities of managing the game and players and controlling different game situations
- Your role as an educator – this session looks at the role of the referee as an educator and offers trainees an opportunity to develop an action plan.
- Officiating 3 games of mini soccer
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A DBS check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in module 3.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Basic Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Tuesday 30th October 2018 (Introduction) 10am - 1pm
Wednesday 31st October 2018 (Practical Day) 9am - 3pm
Monday 21st January 2019(Call-Back) - 3:45pm - 5:45pm
Failure to complete 3 matches before the Call-Back will result in the candidate failing the course.