Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the organisation and delivery of safe and enjoyable coaching sessions for young players. It is ideally suited to those working with groups of young players and/or teams.
- FA Licensed Coaches Club: 32 hours at Level 1 only. If you are not a member of the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club and are interested in joining, please visit http://facc.thefa.com. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone on 0844 980 8212
Theory: The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Football Club Administration
- Player and Coach development
- Soccer Parent
- Laws of the Game
- An introduction to the FA's Long Term Player Development Model
The course will also provide the following for candidates:
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Practical: Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warm up and cool down game related activities
- Passing and control
- Turning with the ball
- Individual Attacking
- Individual Defending
- Small sided games
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop and The FA Emergency Aid Certificate
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Refresher: Every 3 years as specified in the FAL Level 1 CPD and Refresher Policy.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Dates and Times
Saturday 26 July 2014- 9am-4.30pm
Sunday 27 July 2014- 9am-4.30pm
Monday 28 July 2014- 6.30pm-9.30pm (Safeguarding Children Workshop)
Tuesday 29 July 2014- 6.30pm-9.30pm (Emergency Aid)
Thursday 31 July 2014- 6.30pm-9.30pm (Emergency Aid)
Saturday 2 August 2014- 9am-4.30pm
Sunday 3 August 2014- 9am-4.30pm
* Candidates only need to attend 1 of the First Aid workshops
When signing up for a Derbyshire CFA course you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below -
I agree to abide by the course regulations and I understand that if I should wish to withdraw or transfer either before or after the commencement of the course, a refund will be given only in exceptional circumstances and that neither The Football Association, the Derbyshire County Football Association, nor their servants, agents or employees are under any liability in respect of injury, loss or damage, which I may sustain.
A full refund will be given only in exceptional circumstances. Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course, a doctor’s note may be required under these circumstances.
Candidates cancelling their place on a course will be subject to an administration fee.
If you wish to transfer from one course to another please give as much notice as possible, a surcharge may be added for a transfer
Click here to invite/tell other people about this event
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: