Print friendly page
Minimum Age: 17
Course Duration: Minimum 18 hours
Course Prerequisites: The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
Who is it for: This course is for candidates wanting to build on the skills learnt in the Level 1. The course teaches candidates how to understand and coach basic individual goalkeeping techniques. Coaches will get a better understanding of how to plan and prepare progressive technical and skills practices, ensuring the health and safety of all. The practical elements include dealing with one on one situations and handling crosses.
Course Content: The practical element of the course will provide candidates with the following:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual goalkeeping techniques and skills including footwork, general handling techniques, shot stopping, dealing with crosses, and goalkeeper distribution and communication
- Understanding how to develop and improve the goalkeeping skills/ techniques
- Planning and preparing progressive skill/ technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football.
The theoretical elements of the course will:
- Consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the role of the Goalkeeper Coach
- The development of young goalkeepers
- A consideration of growth and development
Assessment is via the successful practical delivery of a 20 minute technical practice and a functional practice.
FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: