The FA Referee Course- *FEMALE ONLY*
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 34 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of pre-course activity packNone
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a side or 9 v 9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The Referees Course provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 6 clear units with the following elements:
Unit 1 - Registration and Pre Course Activity
Unit 2-4 - Practical Delivery and Evaluation of Performance:
- The Key skills required to be a football referee
- Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
- Practical work covering implementation of the laws
- The art of Positioning and movement
- Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
- Effective reporting misconduct
- Evaluation of performance and Assessment Of Knowledge
Unit 5 - Officiating 5 games of 11v11 or 9v9 gamesAssessment of Experiences:
- Reviewing and receiving Feedback
Unit 6 - Final assessment/theory examination:
- Examination of knowledge of Laws Of The Game
- Plan for what happens next
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 4 Units of learning. Unit 5 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Unit 6, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A CRC check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are required to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in Unit 6.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
*FEMALE ONLY Referee Course*
Course dates are available here:
|BBFA Office||Tues 2 Oct||19:00||21:00|
|Abingdon United FC||Wed 24 Oct||09:30||16:30|
|Abingdon United FC||Thurs 25 Oct||09:30||16:30|
|Abingdon United FC||Fri 26 Oct||09:30||13:00|
|BBFA Office||Mon 25 Feb||19:00||21:00|