Print friendly page
For everyone who works with young people, this workshop focuses on making football safe. The course teaches our football workforce to promote best practice to protect young people. Candidates will learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse, and understand fears involved in these concerns.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (coaching/ standalone)
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age (refereeing)
Course Aims & Objectives
The workshop will raise your awareness and specifically help you to be able to:
- Identify and build on best practice in football
- Recognise signs of abuse and identify what behaviour causes concern
- Identify the actions to take if you have a concern and who can help
- Develop your action plan for change
- Setting standards
- Building a network of designated persons
- Responsible recruitment
- Your responsibilities
- Your practice
- Poor practice
- Promoting best practice
- Reviewing your practice
- Changing behaviour
What is Poor practice? What is abuse?
- What is child abuse?
- Types of abuse
- Believe it or not
- Incidence of abuse
- Signs and indicators
What to do about poor practice and abuse?
- Emotional responses
- Who to contact
- Dealing with possible poor practice and/or abuse in a football setting
- Dealing with concerns outside the football setting
- Responding to a child who discloses
- Recording your concerns
- Dealing with bullying
- Taking action: for you, your club, team or organisation
- Taking action for yourself
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU CAN ATTEND THE DATE
NB. No refunds or transfers are available once the course is booked.
FA Safeguarding Children
4th December 2019
6:30pm to 9:30pm
Bedfordshire FA, Skimpot Road, Dunstable LU5 4JU
Course Cost £25.00
PRE-REQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE ARE DETAILED ABOVE
All dates are subject to change. Should this occur, all candidates will be informed via email.
My booking on the course above confirms I understand:
- If I do not deliver payment for my course fee before the commencement of the course, my certificate will be withheld until payment is settled.
- I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, Bedfordshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
- Bedfordshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies;
- I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
- If you are on General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared.
This course is 100% attendance to be able to award a certificate on completion.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: