Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 43 hours (total qualification time) / 33 hours (guided learning)
Course Pre-requisites to certification:
Prior to certification for the qualification, learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
Course aims and objectives:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football qualification, provides learners with an introduction to coaching the game and working with players from under 7 to open age.
Learners will gain an insight into the game in England, how it’s played and how they can coach to better support the development of future players. The qualification is designed to prepare learners to coach football within the grassroots game.
Through the completion of the learning programme for this qualification, learners will be introduced to the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing individual football coaching sessions. The foundation level of knowledge and skills developed through this qualification will enable learners to create safe, fun and engaging coaching sessions through building, developing and extending a series of linked practices.
Learners will be introduced to basic game formats, key rules, and the England DNA coaching fundamentals and playing principles through completion of four mandatory components; How We Coach, How We Play, The Future Player and How We Support.
Throughout the course learners will be introduced to:
1. The England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player
2. The FA 4 Corner Player Development Model which will help them gain a better understanding of the long-term development of their players as a whole person
3. The FA Plan, Do, Review Model, helping them construct appropriate practices and sessions for their players
4. A series of practical coaching ideas, giving them the ability to recognise the various ingredients that make up safe, fun and engaging practices to help their players develop
5. Practical coaching opportunities both on the course and where possible with their own players and teams
The course of learning is made up of eight guided learning; face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, as well as some directed learning opportunities via three e-learning modules hosted on The FA Learner Management System (LMS). The e-learning modules cover core topics including the role of the coach, long-term player development and The FA Plan, Do, Review model.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU CAN ATTEND ALL DATES
No refunds will be made for non-attendance once the course has started.
There is a £50 fee to transfer to another course upon making the original booking.
|L11917 ||Day 1- How We Coach||20th July 2019||9am-5pm|| Flitwick Football Centre|
|Day 2- How We Play||27th July 2019||9am - 5pm |
|Emergency Aid- How We Support||30th July 2019||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Safeguarding Children- How We Support||1st August 2019||7pm-9pm|
|Day 3- The Future Player||3rd August 2019||9am-5pm|
|Day 4||10th August 2019||9am-12.30pm|
Bedfordshire Club, Coach or Under 18 £140.00
NON Bedfordshire Club or Coach £170.00
Level 1 Funding Partner – In order for us to maintain our competitive prices, learners will need to complete an enrolment form and provide their National Insurance number as part of a funding partner agreement (only applicable to learners who are aged 19 years of age or above at the start of the course date).
Learners MUST be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally without the requirement of an interpreter.
Nationality & Residency
Any candidate who is not from the UK or lived within the UK (for the last 3 years) will be required to provide proof of residency.
Non UK Learners from inside the EU must provide a passport.
All other learners must provide their passport plus proof of eligibility to stay and /or study.
Acceptable forms of ID include Passport / Work Visa / Student Visa / Right to Abode
Driving Licenses are not acceptable as proof of residency
Equality: FA Education will ensure that it treats people fairly, with respect, providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE ARE DETAILED ABOVE
All dates are subject to change. Should this occur, all candidates will be informed via email.
Bedfordshire FA Learning Agreement:
My booking on the course above confirms I understand:
I am fully aware that my chosen course may be one which includes the FA Safeguarding children workshop, which discusses some sensitive ‘hypothetical’ issues and some real issues regarding child abuse in its various forms. I am fully aware I am the only participant who can attend the FA Safeguarding Children Workshop, I understand that no other person may attend in my place should I be unable to attend.
- If I do not deliver payment for my course fee before the commencement of the course, my certificate will be withheld until payment is settled.
- Cancellation: If I cancel my booking I will inform Bedfordshire FA and will be entitled to a credit note minus a transaction fee to the value of the following:
75% return if 2 months notice given
50% return if 1 month notice given
25% return if less than one month given
No return if less than 10 days given
Please note there will be a further transaction fee taken from the original % stated above.
- I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, Bedfordshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
- Bedfordshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies;
- I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
- If you are on General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared.
This course is 100% attendance to be able to award a certificate on completion
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If you have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN. If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details. Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.