Print friendly page
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 34 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of pre-course activity packNone
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a side or 9 v 9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The Referees Course provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The course consists of 6 clear units with the following elements:
Unit 1 - Registration and Pre Course Activity
Unit 2-4 - Practical Delivery and Evaluation of Performance:
- The Key skills required to be a football referee
- Theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game
- Practical work covering implementation of the laws
- The art of Positioning and movement
- Management strategies and ideas on effective decision-making
- Effective reporting misconduct
- Evaluation of performance and Assessment Of Knowledge
Unit 5 - Officiating 5 games of 11v11 or 9v9 gamesAssessment of Experiences:
- Reviewing and receiving Feedback
Unit 6 - Final assessment/theory examination:
- Examination of knowledge of Laws Of The Game
- Plan for what happens next
PLEASE NOTE: The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 4 Units of learning. Unit 5 requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Unit 6, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Either the Safeguarding Football on line learning resource or where applicable the workshop will be completed. A CRC check will be instigated during the course, where applicable.
Practical Involvement: Candidates are required to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning.
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completing the Assessment of Knowledge (theory & practical) in Unit 6.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FA Mini Football Referees Course
- Small Sided referee Course
- Futsal Referee Course
- Referee Mentoring Workshop
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU CAN ATTEND ALL DATES
Please note that for candidates under the age of 18, a parent and or guardian will also be invited to attend the induction evening.
Before attending the course you will be required to complete a pre-course home study pack which will be emailed to you prior to the induction evening. The pack will test your knowledge on the Laws of The Game.
11th April 2019
7pm – 9pm
Flitwick Football Centre (Call Back at Bedfordshire FA)
15th April 2019
9am – 5pm
16th April 2019
9am – 5pm
Call Back Session & Exam
25th Sept 2019
7pm – 9pm
Bedfordshire Postcode Course ONLY £145.00
Bedfordshire Postcode Course with Mini Starter Pack £169.99
Bedfordshire Postcode Course with Full Starter Pack & Bedfordshire FA Badge £204.99
NON Bedfordshire Postcode Course ONLY £170.00
NON Bedfordshire Postcode Course with Mini Starter Pack £194.99
NON Bedfordshire Postcode Course with Full starter Pack £224.99
Students will be required to bring the following equipment:
1. Packed lunch and drinks.
2. Shin pads and suitable footwear for a 3G surface. Please note metal or plastic studs will not be allowed on the pitch.
3. Appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor practical sessions which may include wet weather.
4. Pen and note pad.
NB – Bedfordshire FA provide a Central Appointments System (CAS) that encompasses all leagues within the County. All referee appointments are made by Bedfordshire FA based on the availability given by each match official. This means you will not be permitted to enrol onto the course if you are intending to officiate for one club i.e. Club Referee. The structure of this system will be explained in detail at your Induction Evening.
As part of the course students are required to complete a Criminal Records Check (CRC) and attend a Safeguarding Workshop. Details are provided below:
Under the age of 17: Students will be sent a link via email prior to the course, to access the online Safeguarding Workshop. Students MUST complete the qualification before attending the full course.
16 years old and over: Students are required to complete an FA Criminal Records check. The online application form will be sent out via email prior to the course and students must bring their verification documents in a sealed envelope on the first day of the course (Induction Evening). The cost of the check is £10.00 which can be paid online with a debit/credit card after your documents have been verified.
Students 17 years old and over: You will also be required to attend a three hour Safeguarding Workshop which will be held a Bedfordshire FA. Dates of the course can be found by clicking this link below;
You will not be permitted to enrol on the first day of the course if the above requirements (CRC & Safeguarding) have not been completed. Your place may be offered to another candidate in these circumstances.
Please note the Safeguarding Course is free of charge and students must email Sharon Lloyd or Nicky Fearn to manually book onto the course – Sharon.Lloyd@Bedfordshirefa.com or Nicky.Fearn@Bedfordshirefa.com
Bedfordshire FA Learning Agreement:
My booking on the course above confirms that I understand:
Cancellation: If I cancel my booking I will inform Bedfordshire FA and will be entitled to a credit note for the value of the following, minus a transaction fee:
- 75% return if 2 months’ notice given
- 50% return if 1 month notice given
- 25% return if less than one month given
- No return if less than 10 days given
• I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view. I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, Bedfordshire FA and the venue reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
• Bedfordshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies.
• I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
• If you are under General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared of any such suspension.
This course must be 100% attended in order for you to be awarded a certificate upon completion.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: