Print friendly page
FA REFEREES’ COURSE INFORMATION
The FA Referees’ Course provides an introduction to officiating 11v11 and 9v9 football. The course will introduce learners to The Laws of Association Football and their application, delivered through theory and practical elements and focussing on the knowledge, skills and attributes required to operate safely and effectively in grass roots football.
Unit 1: Pre-course learning (2 hours)
Unit 2: On-course theory and practical (7 hours)
Unit 3: On-course theory and practical (3 hours)
Unit 4: On-course theory and practical (7 hours)
Unit 5: Referee five matches
Unit 6: On-course final assessment (2 hours)
Through a mixture of theory and practical activity, learners will cover:
- Effective communication
- Positioning and movement
- Penalty kick and free kick management
- Managing re-starts
- Managing players
- Recognising and dealing with foul challenges
- Cautioning and sending-off procedure
- Dealing with substitutions
- Dealing with injuries
Learners must be 14 or over on the course start date.
Before refereeing their five matches (unit 5), leaners must have complied with the FA’s safeguarding requirements.
Upon successful completion of units 1-6, learners will be classified as either a Level Y referee (if aged 14 or 15) or a Level 7 referee (if aged 16 or over). The FA refereeing qualification is awarded only when all 6 units have been successfully completed.
|REF1701||Induction Evening ||Thursday 2nd March 2017||18:30 - 20:30||Beds FA|
|Day 1||Saturday 4th March 2017||09:30 - 16:30|
|Day 2 ||Sunday 5th March 2017||09:30 - 16:30|
|Call Back Session & Exam ||Thursday 11th May 2017||18:30 - 20:30|
Before attending the course you will be required to complete a pre-course home study pack. The pack will test your knowledge on the Laws of The Game. As part of the pre-course instructions you will be sent a copy of the Law of The Game to assist you with the pre-course work.
Candidates will be required to bring the following equipment and/or items:
Packed lunch and drinks
Shin pads and suitable footwear for a 3G surface. Please note metal studs and or blades will be allowed on the pitch
Appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor practical sessions which may include wet weather (shower facilities available).
Pen and note pad.
As part of the course students are required to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) and attend a Safeguarding Workshop. Details are provided below:
16 years old and over: Students are required to complete an FA Criminal Records check. The online application form will be sent out via email and students must bring their verification documents in a sealed envelope on the first day of the course, or before if appropriate. The cost of the CRC is £10.00 which can be paid online with a debit/credit card.
Students 16 years old and over: You will also be required to attend a three hour Safeguarding Workshop which will be held at Bedfordshire FA. Dates of the course can be found by clicking this link - https://eventspace.thefa.com/bedfordshirefa/participant/s.aspx?eventlen=55
Please note the Safeguarding course is free of charge and students must email email@example.com to manually book onto the course.
NB – Bedfordshire FA provide a Central Appointments System (CAS) that encompasses all leagues within the County. All referee appointments are made by Bedfordshire FA based on the availability given by each match official. The structure of this system will be explained in detail on your induction evening.
Cancellation: If I cancel my booking I will inform Bedfordshire FA and will be entitled to a credit note for the value of the following:
- 75% return if 2 months notice given
- 50% return if 1 month notice given
- 25% return if less than one month given
- No return if less than 10 days given
• I will respect the course tutor, course venue and the other candidates and their points of view and I understand that if my behaviour, language or conduct is deemed ‘unacceptable’, ’offensive’ or ‘harmful’ for any reason, Bedfordshire FA and the venues reserves the right to exclude me for continuing on my chosen course and if necessary, future courses.
• Bedfordshire FA does not accept responsibility for the loss, or damage to, candidate property or for personal injury however caused and that I will ensure that I am protected with my own personal insurance cover through other bodies;
• I confirm that I understand the above statements and their implications and that the information I have provided on this form is correct to the very best of my knowledge.
• If you are on General Suspension you cannot attend the course until you have been cleared.
This course is 100% attendance to be able to award a certificate on completion.
Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
If have ever been involved in football or taken an FA Qualification, it is highly likely you already have a FAN.
If you do not know your FAN or password, or need to create a FAN, please use our FAN FINDER tool by clicking to register/retrieve your details.
Please be aware that if you already have a FAN, and create another FAN, this could cause delays in being confirmed on the course and any qualifications being awarded.
If the FAN Finder says you haven't got a FAN, and you think you have, then please click here for a full guide on how to locate it.
Please enter your unique FAN and password below: